stephlumongsod's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

How to go around Bangkok

Hi! I'll be visiting Bangkok for the first time next week. It'll be a short trip but I bet it'll be fun. What is the best/safest/cheapest way to go around the city? What are must sees? Thanks in advance for your tips! 

Bangkok, Thailand
7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: How to go around Bangkok

Hi @stephlumongsod , 

You probably find the right place to ask for these kind of tips, as @Aruni is from Thailand. Have you ever been to Bangkok and can you suggest some nice places to see there?

After your trip feel free to make a nice post regarding your experience there if you want. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Cool! Hello, Sorbe and Aruni! I'm looking forward to your tips! 😄

Hi @stephlumongsod 

Welcome to Thailand. The most popular places to visit in Bangkok?

1.You can visit to Wat Phra Kaew the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. and the adjoining Grand Palace together form the greatest. It is very popular in Thailand. Here is some photos of this place.

Caption: A photo of the Grand Palace in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)Caption: A photo of the Grand Palace in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)

2.Nong Nooch Tropical Garden. 3 hours drive from Bangkok to get there. The space is so big, the gardens are beautiful and they have a huge variety of plants and trees. you might need to spend all days to explore it. It's close to Pattaya beach. I can share some photos of this place.

Caption: A photo of the Nong Nooch Tropical Garden in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)Caption: A photo of the Nong Nooch Tropical Garden in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)

This is one of the best beach near Bangkok. I can share some photos of this Jomtien Beach.
Caption: A photo of Jomtien Beach in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)Caption: A photo of Jomtien Beach in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)

@Sorbe Thanks for tagging me. Have you ever been to Thailand before?

I was sure that you will like my country. There are many places which you can visit and a lot of activities to do around.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hey @Aruni , 

I have never been to Thailand before, but after this amazing pictures I am really tempted to go. 

You have to advise me which is the best period of the year to visit it.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @Sorbe 

The best time to visit Thailand is from November to March and from June to August is the rain season. In this time we also have the fruit season, I'm sure you will enjoy our fruit. I can share some photos of fruits in Thailand.

Caption: A photo of fruits in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)Caption: A photo of fruits in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)@stephlumongsod Have you ever tried it before?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

The palace and the garden are both stunning. I'm not sure though if I'll have enough time for a 3 hour drive. The Grand Palace is more realistic for my schedule, I guess. 

What's the best mode of transportation? Are bus and train schedules easy to follow? Do I need to buy a pass or something? I'm sorry for flooding you with questions. 😅

Hi @stephlumongsod 

Oh I see, Maybe you can have time for this place, The Chatuchak Weekend Market is the place that you can buy

souvenir or some gift and many activities you can do around.

for the transportation is better you can take the bus or tuk tuk. I can share some photos of this transportation.

Caption: A photo of tuk tuk in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)Caption: A photo of tuk tuk in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)I hope you have a good time in Thailand.