cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to get more view on your Google map pictures

Hi..

i just want to know how can we get.more views of Google map pics

As some of my pics went exceptionally well and some whoch are.very.nice.posted.with location didnt get much likes

Do we need to put some Hash tag ??

Looking for advice

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
13 comments
Level 6

Re: How to get more view on your Google map pictures

Hello @HaroonRauf,

You could read this topic, it has good tips and I think it's worth reading:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/What-I-have-learned-by-posting-10600-photos...

Good luck !!

Level 10

@HaroonRauf if you are so much call concerned about views,try to capture the images of places where hindered and thousands move in,like shopping malls,government offices,hospitals,hotels,tourist spots, monuments .Every day for sure some or the other will be searching for these places and your views will go on growing g day by day or may be hour by hour.keep going. 

Level 10

@HaroonRauf great question.if you are so much into views try to capture and post the images of places where hundreds and thousands of people flow.like shopping malls,hospitals,monuments,tourist spots,government offices,schools and for sure you are going to have great number of views.keep going mate, cheers.

Level 10

@HaroonRauf, add pictures to places that have no pictures yet. By doing this, 

1. you can help people to have a clue what the place looks like (which is the primary goal of being a local guide)
  2. and also when someone searches that place, he/she will see your picture and your view count can go up, too (which may be a secondary goal but an incentive to add pictures definitely). 

When adding a good photo to a place that has no picture at all (yet), chances are that this photo will also be the "cover" photo (that you can see at the top of the place label).

If you are walking around, you can use the "Check missing info" feature of your contributions tab. You can tap on any of the info labels and they get grayed out leaving only the photo tab active. Then you can see which place needs a photo in the neighbourhood. My phone's UI is set to my native language but I hope you can get the idea from this screenshot: 

add-photo.png

The orange plus signs mark places without photos.

Level 10

@Gaieus wrote:

@HaroonRauf, add pictures to places that have no pictures yet. By doing this, 

1. you can help people to have a clue what the place looks like (which is the primary goal of being a local guide)
  2. and also when someone searches that place, he/she will see your picture and your view count can go up, too (which may be a secondary goal but an incentive to add pictures definitely). 

When adding a good photo to a place that has no picture at all (yet), chances are that this photo will also be the "cover" photo (that you can see at the top of the place label).

If you are walking around, you can use the "Check missing info" feature of your contributions tab. You can tap on any of the info labels and they get grayed out leaving only the photo tab active. Then you can see which place needs a photo in the neighbourhood. My phone's UI is set to my native language but I hope you can get the idea from this screenshot: 

add-photo.png

The orange plus signs mark places without photos.

My Add features tab in my contributes doesn't show "missing photo" option 😞

Level 10

@LucioV wrote:

My Add features tab in my contributes doesn't show "missing photo" option 😞

I cannot remember when I started to see it, but it definitely did not use to be there before. Maybe a new version of Maps is being rolled out? My version is 9.54.0 (#954003224). 

Oh yes, and I use the beta version of the GMap App.

Level 10

Level 10

Nooooo updated my app, and now, not only i don't have the missing photo option, but i've lost the option to change language!

This is listed as 9.54.0 released on may 25 2017

Level 10

@LucioV wrote:

Nooooo updated my app, and now, not only i don't have the missing photo option...

Sorry to hear that, @LucioV

@LucioV wrote:

...i've lost the option to change language!

Change the language? In the Android Map App??? I have never seen such a feature (although wished for it badly myself). Where should I get it? The Help Center still says it's only possible on a computer.