Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get more fulfilment from Local Guides

I feel like I enjoy this a lot - but I was wondering how you get a buzz from being a local guide? Any advice?

Manchester, United Kingdom
10 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: How to get more fulfilment from Local Guides

Thanks for your great enthusiasm @Anonymous. Organising a meet-up could be a great idea to get more from the Local Guide's experience. Here an interesting article about how to organise a meet-up. I recommend also to read this great post and explore our meet-up platform to look for events/meet-ups close to your local area. To create your own meet-up, click here: https://goo.gl/1seqac.

Looking forward for your submission and good luck!

Many thanks.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Connect Moderator

Hi @Anonymous it can be a bit slow to see where things are going when you first start out because all you really see is your points start to mount and your hard earned badges start to appear. I'm a Local Guide because I use maps, I depend on them for directions and for reviews of places that I want to go. To me, I like to give back so I make sure that places near me are right and leave reviews when I visit a business. I second @MariaBi's comment about meetups, having organised something like a hundred of them over the years it's great to get together with other Local Guides - could be one or two or it could be 500. It doesn't matter every meetup is valuable. The ultimate fulfillment is to be a successful Local Guide and get yourself noticed then the door to the annual summit swings wide and Google bring you to San Francisco for three days or learning, workshops, discussions and parties (of course there are parties!). I was fortunate enough to get to go last year after another local couldn't go and this year I got in the first round. Work hard, join in, and most importantly have fun being a Local Guide and you never know what might happen.

Regards

Paul

Level 10

@Anonymousyou cant find fulfillment here

Connect Moderator

That's a bit negative @WaweruM I think a lot of people in Local Guides find it very fulfilling.

Level 9

@Anonymous that is a good question...  I guess each person that keeps going after reaching level 5 finds there own inspirations.  Mine for example, is competition.  I have a former colleague friend of mine that I am competing against and trying to beat in points.  I had almost beat him, and then he went on vacation last week, and added another hundred points or so.  I know some people do Local Guides for the benefits (now that they seem to have gone down in quality as of lately), and others do it to help other trying to learn more about local businesses.

@PaulPavlinovich I agree that @WaweruM is indeed a little negative.

New WriterNew SolutionistGood FriendSuper Popular| 9 Badges so far! | My Connect Profile | My Contributions
Level 10

@PaulPavlinovichI am just saying the truth, just contribute to make the maps better not to find fulfillment here

Level 10

@SomsenaterI am just saying the truth, just contribute to make the maps better not to find fulfillment here 

Level 6

Well Google objective is to make information available and accessible globally , a better way to alline with this to contribute more location , add reliable data , add proper contact details .and good things is that there are high chance to receive a better perk from Google local guide team 

Connect Moderator

@WaweruM "contribute to make the maps better" - it might be a language thing, but I suspect you find making maps better fulfilling :).