Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: What are the perks and benefits with the new 10 level system

A lot of my friends from the same country as me who are level 5 or so is getting a perk since yesterday of Google One being free for them for six months, but though I am a level 6 contributor for the same I didn't recieve any email of the sort and didn't recieve a single perk this year. Even though I understand that we shouldn't be expecting anything for our work, still I feel it's kind of unfair when others from my same region gets it while some others does not.

Level 7

How to get Local guides perks?

Dear local guides and google employees, 

I'd like to to ask how the local guides perks is given from Google?

Because I'm level 7 and got nothing, and my friend's s level 2 account got perks from Airy rooms, I also didn't get Tokopedia perks last month, and my friend's account also got it.

actually, perks that I've got some months ago is what motivates me to keep active as local guides. 😅

Can you please explain? 

Level 10

Re: How to get Local guides perks?

@agungpramudhita Local Guides is a voluntary program with no financial reward. However, once a while, there could be small perks provided to help motivate contributors. Perks are not necessarily tied to an achievement level and sometimes perks are sent selectively to contributors. Sometimes perks could be announced in LG Connect, so stay active here. And sometimes announced through email.

To set/check email notification for perks, contributions, product updates etc, head to https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/settings

There isn't very much else I can say for this, except that if we find value in using Google Maps, we should try to contribute when we can to collectively maintain Maps, and whether we receive a perk or not, should be secondary. Because using Maps which contains contributions from so many others, can be considered a perk in a way.

Level 7

Hi @StephenAbraham thanks for your reply. 

then I'll just continue to contribute to Google maps and help others see beautiful and delicious place I've visited. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @agungpramudhita and welcome to the official Local Guides community called Connect!

I just wanted to add to @StephenAbraham reply that if you have a suggested partner, or a perk you would like to see offered in your area, we welcome your feedback in the Idea Exchange section. 🙂

In the meantime, please note that I merged your post with a more appropriate thread.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Local guide rewards

Can google give rewars for local guides if yes but and when ? ? ?????

Former Google Contributor

Re: Local guide rewards

Hi @Sachingoyal,

The Local Guides program is constantly evolving and perks may be offered from time to time.

To maximize your chances of being eligible for a future perk opportunity, continue to add high quality contributions to Google Maps.

If you have a suggested partner, or a perk you would like to see offered in your area, we welcome your feedback.

Please also be sure that your email preferences have perks emails enabled by visiting your Local Guides settings.

I am letting you know that I have merged your post to an ongoing thread on the subject.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!