ChrisDN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: How to get Google to accept a name change

Dear @ChrisDN, hope all's well. Place looks ok now. Do you see it as up to date?? Kind regards from Osaka78

Level 8

@Osaka78forTRUMP Do you have a screenshot? It is still "Narragingy Reserve" on my side.

Level 6

Still shows the incorrect name to me.  However I have been successful in getting the website added.  There is a note that some edits take a while to become visible so we will see what happens.  Hopefully, now the website is accepted showing the correct name, the name can be accepted too.

Level 10

Yes, ok, we see you're suggesting the spelling gets updated from "Na..." to "Nu..."

We suggested an edit to change the name to same as spelling on Blacktown council website.

Good pick up @ChrisDN

Kudos and kind regards from Osaka78 🙂

Level 6

The name edits still seem to be rejected, pretty much immediately.

I will try to follow up with the Google Maps forum.

Level 10

Dear @ChrisDN, hope all's well.

For peace of mind and no worries, we simply suggest the right edit and move on fast.

Remember it's Google's Map, nothing's perfect and there's plenty of time. In case the name's still mis-spelled in a few months or a year, look at it again if it's something you're interested in.

We see so many times Local Guides nursing a suggested edit, sometimes even emotional when things are slow or frustrating. It's more fun to pile up tons of good suggested edits for as many places as you can. We just forget the outcome of any individual contribution. 

Because of Google's behind the scenes, stuff happens fast sometimes, slow sometimes.

If you really want to learn the ins and outs about it, search Google's Maps focused forums for what Flash has said about it. If you're really stuck on it tag him.

For a nice feeling from contributing to Maps, what about challenging yourself to hit your next Local Guides level? Let us know when you level up 🙂 We love seeing Local Guides gaining ground.

Kindest regards from Osaka78

Level 6

Thanks - it's not so much that I am getting hung up on this particular edit, but that I wanted to know if there was some alternative mechanism I was missing.

I've suggested a few edits for road layouts and navigation issues on Maps, and the process for that allows you to describe the problem precisely and provide evidence.  Reviewing takes a little longer but my edits of that nature have always been accepted.  As described in my first post, I was wondering whether there was some other way for submitting my proposed edit, together with evidence, so that it was less likely to be pre-emptorily knocked back.  Unfortunately it looks like the answer is "no".