SudhanshuTiwari's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to get Google connect Moderator badge

Hi all local guides..

I saw the  Google Moderator badge on the profile of some Local Guides. What is the eligible criteria to get this badge. I request you to all please tell me in detail about this badge. Thanks to all.

large.jpg

Local Guide From India

20 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: How to get Google Moderator badge

Hi @SudhanshuTiwari,

This is what you are looking for:

"Interested in becoming a moderator for Local Guides Connect? Here’s what we’re looking for:

• Level 5 Local Guides who actively contribute to Google Maps and Local Guides Connect
  • Friendly and respectful community members who help keep Connect a warm and welcoming place

There is no application or nomination process. Keep contributing and engaging with your fellow Local Guides and the Local Guides team will be in touch if you are selected."

If you want some more information please have a look here:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Meet-the-Connect-Moderators/m-p/188723#M288...

I hope it anwser your query please let me know.

See you 

Jul

View solution in original post

Level 9

Hello @SudhanshuTiwari

There is no particular application form to apply for connect moderator.

If you are consistent contributor on maps and an active member in local guides connect and keep friendly and warm duscussion .

Google itself will invite you to become a connect moderator.

There are total 13 members of connect moderator members to know more about them go through this Link

Regards,

Shravan

Level 10
Solution

Hi @SudhanshuTiwari,

This is what you are looking for:

"Interested in becoming a moderator for Local Guides Connect? Here’s what we’re looking for:

• Level 5 Local Guides who actively contribute to Google Maps and Local Guides Connect
  • Friendly and respectful community members who help keep Connect a warm and welcoming place

There is no application or nomination process. Keep contributing and engaging with your fellow Local Guides and the Local Guides team will be in touch if you are selected."

If you want some more information please have a look here:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Meet-the-Connect-Moderators/m-p/188723#M288...

I hope it anwser your query please let me know.

See you 

Jul

Connect Moderator

Hi @SudhanshuTiwari I've marked one of these as the answer. Thanks for asking. I'll add that being moderator is an awesome chance to help people here on Connect and to a lesser extent with Maps. It's as much work as you want it to be, the more you do the more personally rewarding it is.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

Hi @SudhanshuTiwari

Are you asking for Google Moderators or for Connect moderators?

Google Moderators are Google employees, in charge of Connect community. To become a Google moderator you should work for Google first: https://careers.google.com/

Meet the Google Moderators

Not to be confused with Connect Moderators. Meet the Connect Moderators

here an excerpt from the linked post:

• Local Guides Level 5+ who actively contribute to Google Maps and Local Guides Connect
  • Friendly and respectful community members who help keep Connect a warm, welcoming and informative place with their knowledge, accuracy and tone

Ermes

Level 10

@SudhanshuTiwari

From your post, I can see perhaps you are confusing between Google Moderators & Connect Moderators.

+ A Google Moderator is person who works for Google.
+ A Connect Moderator is person who works volunteering for this forum LG Connect.

LG Summit Attendee in 2016 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Regional Lead before 2017
Level 10

Thanks for useful info @SudhanshuTiwari

As of now there are only 10 Connect Moderators all around the World. Hope I am right?

Level 9

Hello @ErmesT

Thank you for your useful reply.

@SudhanshuTiwari is asking about connect moderators as he posted a picture of connect moderator badge.

@ProfArunCM there are total 13 local guides has got the connect moderator badges.

Regards,

Shravan

Level 10

Re: How to get Google connect Moderator badge

Connect Moderator