Garg_Saab's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to fix an incorrect route on the Google Maps?

How to fix an incorrect route suggested by the Google Maps from the source towards the destination? Yesterday while coming from Haridwar towards Meerut. I took this route. I observed that at this particular location app deviated the route from NH 334 towards the right into a village and then at this location suggested route rejoined NH334. I stopped for a moment as the other vehicles were going straight on the highway, then decided to follow the suggested route by the Maps. That route was quite unusual and no vehicle was following us or going ahead of us. We seem to be the only one following that route towards the destination. Later on, after reaching home I checked and found that it was an unnecessary deviation as the road ahead seemed to be fine and there was no construction work going on that particular stretch. Moreover, almost all of the vehicles were following the usual way straight on the NH334. In addition to that when the suggested route rejoined NH334, I observed vehicles coming over from the usual highway route and that looked suspicious that why did Maps suggest the unusual route?

Unusual route off the NH334 in the form of a triangle. Driving from right towards leftUnusual route off the NH334 in the form of a triangle. Driving from right towards left

I even tried to drag the route through marker to make it run along the NH334 but no fate. Can any of the moderators help me out to fix this situation? That the route from this location towards this location is fine and still, the map app is deviating the route via the village road. I want to fix it for people who follow Google Maps route suggestion religiously on their day to day commute like me. 

New Delhi, Delhi, India
9 comments
Level 8

Re: How to fix an incorrect route on the Google Maps?

• Hi dear friend ,,,Go to map first page ..tap menu The send suggestion.. choose place on map and send again.
Level 8

Dear @Syedmurad,

Thanks for your concern. However, this issue is not related to a place entity but for a route which seems to deviate from the usual path somehow. I am aware of the option you suggested but that doesn't help to fix the route.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Garg_Saab 

I just released your post from spam quarantine. Our filter is working to protect the community and you from unwanted content, but sometimes it can be triggered by something and remove a legitimate post. I di apologies for that

I have made a check: if you choose the opposite direction, everything seems to be fine. In my opinion a piece of the route is identified as "one way".

rute.JPG

You should send a feedback for reporting this: Choose "wrong information" then "traffic direction". In a similar situation reported by me, Google fixed the issue in less than 24 hours.

Also, be careful, as the road appears to be divided in more than one segment, so check the segments one by one

For more details you can read: Report an error on the map

Level 8

Thank you again @ErmesT for looking into my issue. Your tips have been really helpful. 

I tried to follow your advice but I could select only a piece of the road instead of the entire segment which is being considered as a one-way road. This is actually a two-way road, though narrow still all traffic to & fro follow this route only because this is a National highway. Also, I told that I observed most of the vehicular traffic following this route only instead of the unusual one suggested by Maps. 

I followed your advice but I am unable to select the whole two-way segment as per below picture. yNIhXcc

Also, what should I point out in feedback to specify that this is a two-way segment and maps should not suggest an unusual route for the traffic coming from North towards South? I want to be as clear as possible for the moderators.

Connect Moderator

As I said before, the road is divided in two parts (as you can see when you select a segment) @Garg_Saab 

You should simply indicate that the road is a two way direction.

We don't need to say what is obvious, as the traffic algorithm suggest the route based on the information introduced, not on our opinion. To suggest a route Google Maps analyse traffic condition, distance, available roads. Once the direction issue will be fixed, Maps will suggest that route

Level 8

ok, I will suggest that way only, let's see how it gets fixed.

Level 6

I have a client with completely incorrect driving directions. It sends people down dirt roads. The problem that I am having is that all of the data listed for fixing driving directions is outdated. There is no "Leave Feedback" link available anymore. How do you fix these directions? I can't seem to find any way of getting a hold of someone at Google Maps.

Level 1

Please help to correct a preferred route in our community.

We are a rural HOA that has private roads and we cannot afford the luxury of maintaining two separate routes to the same location.

Google's algorithm naturally chooses the blue route as it is 1 mile shorter. However that route is very undulating with rutted and washboarded sections. Not to mention seriously winding road with steep drop-offs and no guard rails.

Please can you help me change the default route to the grey route.

The gray route is the one that we maintain, grade and plow.

37°59'53.2"N 104°42'51.4"W

37.998104, -104.714278

thank you.

ehrbodtreasurer_0-1656088195689.png

Level 7

You say, "You should send a feedback for reporting this: Choose "wrong information" then "traffic direction". "

Where in the app or on the page is the option to "Choose wrong direction"? 

Where do you give feedback about Directions that tell you to execute a right turn where a right turn is NOT ALLOWED?