Globedronner's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How to find (my) photos on Google Maps

Having uploaded in the last year +10,000 photos from more than thirty countries, hundreds of cities and thousands of places, I find extremely difficult, in fact almost impossible to retrieve or check my pictures from my profile on Google Maps.

There is only the option to sort photos by date and by number of views, both of these being unpractical when dealing with many pictures spanned over hundreds of days (and dates). I think it would be of utmost importance to allow the option to see/sort pictures by place too. Perhaps even a scrolling over an area of the map activating markers to places where user already has posted pictures or seeing them in a preview window, etc.

This would allow users like me to avoid unintentionally duplicating uploads.

Should there be any current solution to have an easier access to personal photos, would be very happy to know it.

Regards,

2 comments
Level 10

Re: How to find (my) photos on Google Maps

Hi @Globedronner this is something we are asking since a lot of time; we would like to see flat images listed on a map like the old panoramio or like the Street View App does for 360 images.

I suggest you to have a look to Idea Exchange and see if there is already something suggested, or create your idea there: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/All-Ideas/idb-p/idea/label-name/Google%20Maps

Level 9

Re: How to find (my) photos on Google Maps

Hi @LucioV,

thank you for your reply. Hopefully it will be followed by a solution too, otherwise it is impossible to avoid duplicating posts. Even if Google Maps eliminates the duplicates it is still a lose of time for the contributor and a waste of energy and resources for Google too when it deals with identifying and eliminating these duplicates.

I already escalated my proposal to suggestion : Sort photos by location hopefully it will be voted and taken into consideration.