tusharc2n's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to exchange name of places?

There are two Villages (Bhameda and Bhikanpur) nearby village(Noorpur). But their names are exchanged i.e. On maps Bhikanpur is shown as Bhameda and vice-versa. Also, their boundaries are inaccurately defined. How to fix this?

Link to this location is https://www.google.co.in/maps/@28.6615228,77.8603511,2651m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Bhameda, Uttar Pradesh, India
4 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: How to exchange name of places?

Hello @tusharc2n,

In order to fix this mix up, I would suggest you send a feedback, reporting the error you found on the map:

• Open Google Maps and sign in
  • Click on the menu and choose the "Send feedback option" and then select "Edit the map"
  • After you fill in everything as per the instructions click submit. Make sure you do this for both places.

You can check the following article for additional information - Report an error on the map.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

When I click on 'Send Feedback', I am not getting 'Edit the map' option. I am only getting the following options:- 'Missing Place', 'Missing Road', 'Wrong Information' and 'Your opinions about Maps'. In 'Wrong Information' also I am not able to select the name of the whole village(I could only select the places inside the village). So again, how to request name change of a city/village?

Connect Moderator

This isn't something a Local Guide can do directly @tusharc2n the information is gathered from official sources.

You can as @LilyanaZ share an opinion about Maps as perhaps it is a mistake left over from the user contributed Map Maker days.

Regards Paul

Level 7

So that means there is no way local guides can fix this mixup. 

Is there any other way to fix this i.e. through any official or moderator?