ravintag's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

How to easily mask faces in the photos

I usually take pictures when there are not many people around and at least not anyone starting / facing my camera that way i avoid capturing people faces and other private details in my photos.  However i wanted to understand how each of you are dealing with this.  

1. Are you masking people faces / private info in your photos, if so how are you doing it and what are tricks of the trade for it.

Thank you for taking time to read this and appreciate any help.

2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: How to easily mask faces in the photos

Hi @ravintag, I also tend to take photos of places when there are not too many people around and avoid photographing faces directly. However sometimes you cannot avoid or occasionally it's even better to have people as it may show that it's a lively place. 

In such circumstances I usually try to blur faces (or even car number plates if needed). I also posted about this in the Photography Board a while ago: 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Photography/Do-you-also-blur-faces-on-static-photos/m-p/586326

There are two examples linked there if you are interested. 

I personally use Fast Stone Image Viewer as a quick image viewing app on my desktop and it has some basic image editing tools, too, including a fast and easy to use blurring tool. But there is a whole abundance of similar apps - this is just what I got used to during the years.

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hi @ravintag, I also tend to take photos of places when there are not too many people around and avoid photographing faces directly. However sometimes you cannot avoid or occasionally it's even better to have people as it may show that it's a lively place. 

In such circumstances I usually try to blur faces (or even car number plates if needed). I also posted about this in the Photography Board a while ago: 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Photography/Do-you-also-blur-faces-on-static-photos/m-p/586326

There are two examples linked there if you are interested. 

I personally use Fast Stone Image Viewer as a quick image viewing app on my desktop and it has some basic image editing tools, too, including a fast and easy to use blurring tool. But there is a whole abundance of similar apps - this is just what I got used to during the years.

Level 8

Thank you, I was wondering about that as well. Where can we find more about the rules around people in the photos?