kmajewski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

How to create great lists of your city’s best shops

Caption: A colorful assortment of patterned silk hanging in a fabric store in Tamil Nadu, India.Caption: A colorful assortment of patterned silk hanging in a fabric store in Tamil Nadu, India.It’s time for a shopping spree! As Local Guides, you already review and share info about your favorite shops, but now you can share all of your favorite shopping spots with others by creating lists on Google Maps.

Last week, we announced a series of weekly challenges to create lists on specific themes. The first challenge was all about restaurants. This week, it’s shopping: Create a list that tells people about the best places to shop in your city.

Want to participate? Use our tips below to create your list, be sure to tag #LocalGuides in the description, set your list’s sharing options to Public, and then add a link to your list in the comments. Make sure you follow Local Guides on Google+, Facebook, and Twitter, where we’ll be sharing some of our favorite lists!

Tips:

1. First, come up with a theme. It could be a certain type of shop (like clothing boutiques, bookstores, or gift shops) or you can list your favorite shops in a certain city.

2. Next, give your list a title and description. Your list’s name should clearly tell people where the shops are and give an idea of what they sell, like “Where to Buy Bangles in Hyderabad” or “7 Quirky Portland Boutiques.” In the description, explain what makes these shops unique. Make sure to include #LocalGuides in your description so we can find your list!

3. Lastly, make your list extra-helpful by adding comments to each place, a new feature now on Android (and coming soon on iOS and desktop). Use this space to explain why you included each shop, what they sell, and any other info people should know.

40 comments
Level 9

Re: How to create great lists of your city’s best shops

Level 10

Thanks for sharing @kmajewski i Would try to make out time to create this.

Level 8

Hi @kmajewski..

First of all, thanks for the photo of a shop located in Tamilnadu. I feel so proud since I am originally from Tamilnadu. I am going to make a list and will share the list here soon.

Vellore Local Guides
Connect Moderator

@kmajewski This is a great idea.  I will make it..  Thanks for share this idea..

Happy Guiding!! 

Connect Moderator

This looks a great list challenge for this week @kmajewski. Everyone can relate to shopping!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Thanks for sharing @kmajewski

How many lists have you created @ShafiulB@KarenVChin@SalmaanN@HelloSamsonR & @OSAMA? I have one and only one. 😁

Connect Moderator

I have 5 I believe @BishowvijayaP. One I created for a Google conference last year.  One I am using to track how many places I have reviewed in since last March.  Three different lists for people who have asked me for my personal recommendations to eat or shop.

Cheers,

Karen

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

Thanks for sharing @kmajewski

How many lists have you created @ShafiulB@KarenVChin@SalmaanN@HelloSamsonR & @OSAMA? I have one and only one. 😁

Level 10

Hi @kmajewski

thank you for sharing it with us

Follow me here.....
Level 9

Thanks @kmajewski for the announcement of this great idea for us to share the valuable and favorite shops in cities. @OmarBD do you know about this ? You may like it. 

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh