kmajewski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: How to create great lists of your city’s best shops

Thanks for your great post about sharing list @kmajewski I've created a list previously few months back but even setting the privacy to public. I can't find it under my lists options 😄

Level 10

@kmajewski Great ideas!

I actually never knew that Google called this feature "Lists" until Summit17.

Everywhere in Google Maps, you launch to it through Your Places-->Saved.

I wish there was a way to order and temporarily hide some of my lists on the selection for when I press "Saved." I use this a ton for taking pictures for Google Maps, and when I've tried to create cool lists of cool places, then these lists get in the way of my mapping lists.

Level 8

Thanks @kmajewski

Good idea, I support it and I will try to do it.

G+ | My Contributions One day, somewhere to meet.
Level 6

Wow this is really helpful! I am just going to make my first list. Thanks a lot!

Level 8

I have created 9 lists for restaurants, fresh juice shops, sweets shops , etc for the town which I resided a year before. I planning to create many lists for the Bengaluru where I am currently residing, @BishowvijayaP.. :))

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

@kmajewski This is a great inspiration, I am In Perth Western Australia  I am definitely going to participate

@kmajewski wrote:

Caption: A colorful assortment of patterned silk hanging in a fabric store in Tamil Nadu, India.Caption: A colorful assortment of patterned silk hanging in a fabric store in Tamil Nadu, India.It’s time for a shopping spree! As Local Guides, you already review and share info about your favorite shops, but now you can share all of your favorite shopping spots with others by creating lists on Google Maps.

Last week, we announced a series of weekly challenges to create lists on specific themes. The first challenge was all about restaurants. This week, it’s shopping: Create a list that tells people about the best places to shop in your city.

Want to participate? Use our tips below to create your list, be sure to tag #LocalGuides in the description, set your list’s sharing options to Public, and then add a link to your list in the comments. Make sure you follow Local Guides on Google+, Facebook, and Twitter, where we’ll be sharing some of our favorite lists!

Tips:

1. First, come up with a theme. It could be a certain type of shop (like clothing boutiques, bookstores, or gift shops) or you can list your favorite shops in a certain city.

2. Next, give your list a title and description. Your list’s name should clearly tell people where the shops are and give an idea of what they sell, like “Where to Buy Bangles in Hyderabad” or “7 Quirky Portland Boutiques.” In the description, explain what makes these shops unique. Make sure to include #LocalGuides in your description so we can find your list!

3. Lastly, make your list extra-helpful by adding comments to each place, a new feature now on Android (and coming soon on iOS and desktop). Use this space to explain why you included each shop, what they sell, and any other info people should know.

in this.

Thank you @kmajewski for the kind thought  

Level 6

Şehrimin En iyi Mağazaları

IMG_E3399.JPGIMG_E3400.JPG

Level 7

thanks for sharing with us

Level 8

Thank you So much for proper Updated.

@Thanks @kmajewski 

@BishowvijayaP  @MahabubMunna 🙂

Level 10

wow . good challenge thanks a lot @kmajewski for share with us . and @OSAMA for tag this important post 🙂  

Mahabub Hasan