davidhyno's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

How to create a timelapse video with Theta V!

Hello everyone!

Would you like to create a video like this here?

Timelapse video with Theta VTimelapse video with Theta V

Today I want to suggest you how to create a video in the timelapse format  .
First you need to take pictures at regular intervals directly from the main Theta app as shown here: Interval shooting
After the tour, you have to import the photos into your smartphone roll.

After that, you have to download the app for editing videos and photos taken with the Theta, namely the Theta + app

1.PNG

click here for  Android smartphones  

or here for iOS (iPhone) smartphones

Open this last Theta + app, import the photos 360 ° or one by one or by  "Range" (you have to  choose the first and then the last one in the series).2.PNG

At this point click on the blue button at the bottom "Timelapse", then press Next.

Here we have a preview useful to see our movie and to adjust the speed (and automatically also the total playback time).3.PNG

Once you have chosen the desired speed, let the app work and after a few seconds the video is ready and saved automatically in our roll. Also click on the X in the upper left to return to the home screen in our photo roll: here we have our newly created video.

Select it and click on "Edit Video".

5.PNG

Here we can change the display effects (Mirror ball, Little Planet, Dual screen ( for 360 ° viewers), Flat and Straight (which I recommend for Google Maps). You can also add tone filters, cut out unnecessary parts of the video or shrink it further (symbol of the Scissors), and also we can  insert a background music (pay attention on copyright!) 🙂

Once embellished as a favorite we can save it and then share it with the whole world!

Timelapse video with Theta VTimelapse video with Theta V

Have a great timelapse dear friends!
David

Vicenza, VI, Italia
32 comments
Level 10

Re: How to create a timelapse video with Theta V!

Level 10

Thank you @davidhyno

I like challenging techniques!

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Connect Moderator

Thank you for your post, @davidhyno

Are the embedded photos in a Google Photos album? I want to inform you that the photos are not longer visible 😞

If you modify something in the album, the link to the photos is modified too, and you need to update it.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @davidhyno,

Thanks for sharing with us.

It is a really impressive and detailed instruction, it may really encourage everyone to go out there and to let the creativity set free.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 10

Level 10

Hi @ErmesT!

Thanks for your report about images!

Yes, my fault : the links of the images were the direct ones of the photos in Google Photos and not those of the photos in the album!
Thank you so much for pointing out!

(for me the photos were always visible, after your warning I tried to exit from my Google account and I found that it was actually as you reported!)

Thanks again, 

David

Level 10

Connect Moderator

Muy buena guía @davidhyno, estos son tips que ayudará a muchos entusiastas que tienen la Theta V, gracias por compartir.

Saludos Farid.

Level 10