To How to change my profile picture ?

Egypt
15 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: How to change my profile picture ?

Hey @Highlander1,

Check out this post to understand how to change your Connect profile picture as it's linked to your Gmail account. Simply change your picture on the Gmail side and it'll reflect here on Connect.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you continue to experience any issues.

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor

Hi @AnasB,

You have to change the avatar of the Google account that you use with Local Guides, it's that simple 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 5

Hey,

That doesn't seem to be working on my account, I updated my photo everywhere weeks ago, but my old photo is still cached in Google Guides.

Cheers,

Tim

Connect Moderator

@stampycode wrote:

Hey,

That doesn't seem to be worked ng on my account, I updated my photo everywhere weeks ago, but my old photo is still cached n Google Guides.

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Tim, it would be better to start a new thread, but where did you update your image? You can do it at https://myaccount.google.com/ or through Google+. Either will work, then log out of Local Guides Connect and log back in and it will (should) sync your image. Make sure your profile image is less than 2MB so it fits in the Connect size limits.

Regards

Paul

Level 6

I couldn't get anything to work either but this took me exactly where I needed to go. Thanks!

Level 5

Change my what? Avatar! That means nothing to me

Level 5

That does not work, I've tried it 3x. Thee new photo shows everywhere (including here) but the  old profile photo still shows on Local Guide. !! 

Level 5

This? What's "this"?! 

Connect Moderator

Hi @Wahg I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with your repeated replies but it seems that you want to change your avatar (your own personal profile image). If you follow the instructions above it will work in time. Some of the Google Properties take longer to update from the myaccount settings than others. Generally within 48 hours it will update everywhere.

Regards Paul

Level 5

Contribute AppContribute App

plus.google.complus.google.com

Nope. Its been like this for over a week. My profile image in Contribute hasn't changed in months, but I've updated my Plus profile pic several times throughout that period.

Thanks.