aaryesdee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

How to change my profile picture in Local Guides

I would like to know how to change my profile picture in Local Guides.

Please let me know from you.

Thanks and regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: How to change my profile picture in Local Guides

Hi @aaryesdee:

You photo here on Connect and Local Guides is linked to the Google account that you used to sign up for Local Guides.

You can change the photo by going to account.google.com and logging in with the account and then clicking on your current photo that is in the middle of the page at the top.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

Hi @aaryesdee:

You photo here on Connect and Local Guides is linked to the Google account that you used to sign up for Local Guides.

You can change the photo by going to account.google.com and logging in with the account and then clicking on your current photo that is in the middle of the page at the top.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

@Shirley

Hi. Thanks for the prompt response and as suggested, changed my picture. But the earlier one appear in Local Guide account. Let's wait for some time to changes as it might be.

Thanks & Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Level 9

Hi @aaryesdee:

It takes some time for all of Google's backend to synchronize. Give it 24 to 48 hours at the very least. If it has been over a week, then let us know.

Level 10

@Shirley

Hi

Till date nothing has changed.

Picture is still there and I couldn't change it.

Trust you will look into.

Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Level 9

Hi @aaryesdee:

Can you confirm whether or not your photo has changed on accounts.google.com? 

Level 10

@Shirley

Hi

It's changed in email account and connect. But not in maps.

Thanks for the support

Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Level 9

Hi @aaryesdee:

Can you tell me which profile photo you see on this page for you? 

https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/settings

Is it the old one or the new one?

Level 10

@Shirley 

Hi'

Here I see the new one, but on Google maps, still it's the old one.

That's the issue.

Thanks for taking time to look in to.But let's not " tick' mark and say it's resolved. As it's Not!.

Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Google Moderator

Hi @aaryesdee,

As @Shirley mentioned, it takes some time for things to synchronise across the platforms and applications.

Please make sure that your Google Maps app is up-to-date. Also, try logging out from your account on Google Maps and logging in again.

@Shirley's reply has been marked as a solution because she's provided the correct answer to your question, and you did manage to change your profile photo by following her advice.

Please allow some time for things to sync and let me know if you're still experiencing issues after updating your app and logging out and in again. Thank you!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!