Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: How to capture your own Street View

Thanks @potaro67 

I tried this but my street view app only takes a single photo now (after the firmware upgrade) even i set it to Interval mode using Theta V app. 

I will share the screenshots of my wotkflow to better present the situation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @OmerAli !

Thanks for sharing that!

Please feel free to share more details so that we can look into it 🙂

Level 7

@NayaraA great post!! It is very helpful.

So, if I use Insta360 ONE camera, is possible to use Video Mode on Street View app? Or, if I import a 360 video from storage to Street View App to upload a lot of photos that created in this video, it works?

As the camera is cheaper than the Ricoh Theta V, I ask because if I can import a video for Street View App, to create several photos, I can think of buying this one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @AlvaroFS !

Thanks!

Actually, Insta 360 One will use their own software to publish video into connected 360 photos to Street View. 🙂

Here, you can check out a great how-to post, from Connect Moderator @StephenAbraham sharing his experience with Insta 360 One X, where you can see how the process works.

Best,

Nayara

Level 7

@NayaraA thank you for reply my post!

I have seen that it works, but unfortunately the quality of the image leaves something to be desired.

Poor Street View image qualityPoor Street View image qualityIf I zoom in, the scenery is worse.

poor quality street view image 2.PNGIt does not compare to the quality of the image made by the Google cars.

Will there be any way to increase the image quality by this camera? Or will I have to use Interval Mode?

Level 7

Thanks for the post

Level 2

In Nepal, street view is not officially available. Is it still possible to add your own street view instead even if the

Google Street view Car?

Level 10

Hi, @PranGon 

I can see a lot of street views in Nepal.
Are these shooting illegal?

https://goo.gl/maps/fHRBv1XG28y

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @PranGon !

Even though there are not Street View images in Nepal, you can still publish photos using the tools we mentioned in the post.

Here you can see where Street View has been and is planning to go next. To learn more about Maps Photo policies, click here. 🙂

Best,
Nayara

Level 3

Great features. These features are available in maps so 'Happy 360 Snapping'