TiffanyCariaga's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to become a community moderator-Toronto

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to get some insight in regards to how to become a community moderator.  As I know that Toronto currently has a local guides community, how would one become a moderator if one or more are already moderators for that community?

Would you have to create a new community?

Any advice would be appreciated.

T

Toronto, ON, Canada
11 comments
Level 8

Re: How to become a community moderator-Toronto

If you want to start your own community, you can start reading here, https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Using-the-Forums/Community-Moderator-101/td-p/88618#.WFrolp4Pk... You can get an application form link there. Good Luck
Level 10

Hi @TiffanyCariaga,

I would recommend coming out to a few meet-ups before committing yourself to becoming a moderator.   You can also approach existing communities to ask about becoming a moderator.  Most communities would like to have additional moderators as the work load can be quite a lot.

Sydney Eatz

Co-Moderator 

Google Local Guides Toronto

Level 10

Hi @TiffanyCariaga,

Usually moderators come from the community - where they participate - Toronto Local Guides is a supported community in the Local Guides program.   I would recommend coming out to a few meet-ups before committing yourself to becoming a moderator.   You can also approach existing communities to ask about becoming a moderator.  Most communities would like to have additional moderators as the work load can be quite a lot.

Sydney Eatz

Co-Moderator 

Google Local Guides Toronto

Level 10

@SudheeshAcharya always make sure to check if there is already a local guides community established with the Local Guides Community before starting a local guides community. 🙂  

There are many cities that don't have LG communities in Canada.

Level 8

I'd love to be a moderator for my community as well. 

Piseth Lim
Level 8

@HottieE , @TiffanyCariaga Hai Tiffany Cariaga , Hottie Eatz Every one had wished to become a community moderator or moderator as well as they need to know the criteria and risk factors of becoming a moderator. that's the reason I given that link.In that post TraciC GOOGLE MODERATOR informed very clearly to everyone. I think around 8 Google Local Guides: Supported Communities in Canada.
Level 7

Thanks @HottieE for the reply.  As I just joined back in August, I have taken a look at  some of the events and most are usually held at Seneca college in North York/Scarborough?  Are there any events taking place in the downtown Toronto core as technically that's a suburb of Toronto? In any case I would definitely love to come to an event, please do let me know when the next event is so that I can definitely chat with you about any moderator opportunities 

Level 10

Hi @TiffanyCariaga,

Most of our meet-ups are held across the GTA - as you know there are 44 wards in Toronto and we are looking for moderators to represent each of the wards for our television series "Toronto Local Guides" which will be airing in May.   We definately are interested in adding more moderators - so here is your opportunity to show us you have what it takes.

As you may know we have grown the community from 2 local guides to almost 900 in one year by hosting over 35 events across Toronto.

We have hosted events from the CNE to the Chin picnic.   If you are interested in becoming a moderator - one of the key things is learning how to set up a meet-up.   Let's get together and you can learn how you can become one of the moderators of the #4 place community in the world in the Google Local Guides Challenge.

Training as a moderator with Toronto Local Guides can help those people who are interested in getting the basic requirements for the Local Guides Summit 2017.

Also remember to participate in the survey for our 1 year anniversary so you can be involved in the Toronto Local Guides TV series.

Sydney Eatz

Co-Moderator - Google Local Guides Toronto

Level 10

@Pslwork143 complete our survey so we can get your feedback on the Toronto Local Guides Community so we can get you involved.

Thanks,

Sydney Eatz

Co-Moderator Google Local Guides Toronto