lu5er's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to answer establishment specific questions on Google Maps?

It has been a long time I was thinking of seeking help from the LG community regarding how you guys answer establishment-specific questions. For example, it is rather common in Kolkata, and also I guess in other places that people ask questions regarding the screening time of movies, whether a specific product is available in the exclusive showrooms or malls etc.

If you think from LG point of view, they seem to be pretty annoying. Every now and then notifications pop up asking to answer these questions.

But, if you think it as a query, it is quite justified. People can and should ask questions to clarify if a product is available before paying a visit.

So what you guys do? Politely say them to give the establishment a call, or simply tells them LGs are not salesmen? 

Do you also think Google should classify these questions and point them to be answered by the business owner? If it is not listed as a business, then at least Maps can direct the user to send a message or call to the number listed as the phone number.  A simple feedback after the call can also increase/decrease the confidence if that listed phone number is accurate.

Any reply is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How to answer establishment specific questions on Google Maps?

The answer to this issue is rolling out @lu5er - businesses now have the option of chatting with customers directly. 

To answer your specific question, I generally give the answer if I know it or ask them to call the business unless the business is claimed then I usually ignore the questions because the person managing the claim will probably take care of it.

Level 7

@PaulPavlinovich, what if the business is not claimed yet? Shouldn't it be handled in some sense? Why I'm saying this, in places like India, still Google My Business is lacking far behind. You might even have the exact distributions to verify it.

Connect Moderator

As I said in my answer @lu5er if the business is not claimed and I do not know the answer (or don't want to search for it) then I will ask them to contact the business. A response something like "These questions are answered by the community, for your specific query contact the business directly"