JoshShowalter's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

How to add new construction homes to Maps

Hey!

My name is Josh, I've been a Local Guide for a couple years now. I just moved into a newly constructed neighborhood. So far I've submitted three edits to Maps in an attempt to get my new address added to the map. As of now, it shows that my address is about a mile down the road on a different E Caspian Pl (why this street name was re-used is another question). A couple things to note:

1. The address is a valid USPS address. All mail and packages come to my home as I would expect.
  2. Maps shows the street name as well as the outlines of the new home that were constructed.
  3. Satellite view shows the new street, but has not been updated to show the new homes yet.

Any ideas on if/how I need to provide more info to get my edits approved would be much appreciated!

image.png

image.png

image.png

12722 East Caspian Place, Aurora, CO, USA
15 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 3
Solution

Re: How to add new construction homes to Maps

It appears that the new road segment may not yet have address ranges defined. According to the Arapahoe County Assessor's GIS data, the address ranges for that street segment are 12701-12733 and 12700-12734. I have requested that change. Once updated, that should allow Google maps to properly interpolate your address and position the search result pin near the correct location at the street. 

View solution in original post

Level 8

Salut @JoshShowalter

je vous conseillerais de toujours et continuer à contribuer sur la carte et gagner plus de points possible à fin que vos points soient sur un niveau un peu plus haut.

Après avoir gagner plus des points vous aurez à fidéliser votre personnalité sur la communauté local guide et vos contributions seront plus considérées vu les badges gagnés 

#teamDRC
Make the world accessible anywhere
??
Connect Moderator

Hi @JoshShowalter

Is your home a business place? Or you edited a new place calling it "new address"?

If you want to ask Google to correct a position of an address, this is not the right way.

You have to "send a feedback" (you can find the command scrolling down the menu of the app), choosing the most appropriate option

Level 5

@ErmesT,

I've been doing the latter: Send Feedback, editing the address and repositioning the pin to the proper location.  

Connect Moderator

Thank you @JoshShowalter

This is what I mean. From your screenshot, looks like you created a POI with the name "new address". Am I wrong?

Level 5

@ErmesT That's incorrect. I've gone to my home address (which takes me to the wrong place), selecting "Send feedback", "Suggest an edit to 12722 E Caspian Pl", then selecting "Location - marker is placed incorrectly on the map". From there I reposition the marker to the proper location of my address and submit. I guess Google marks that as "New Address" which is reflected in the screenshots you were referring to. Is there a different way I should be approaching this?

Connect Moderator

Thank you for your feedback. No, this is the correct procedure @JoshShowalter

I was surprised about the fact that is is shown as "place creation"

Tagging @GeorgesHR for a check

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for the mention @ErmesT.

The correct way is to send feedback over Google Maps, exactly like @JoshShowalter already did.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 3
Solution

It appears that the new road segment may not yet have address ranges defined. According to the Arapahoe County Assessor's GIS data, the address ranges for that street segment are 12701-12733 and 12700-12734. I have requested that change. Once updated, that should allow Google maps to properly interpolate your address and position the search result pin near the correct location at the street. 

Level 5

@paul_sears This really great information. Thanks for doing that! Please let me know any updates from that submission!