cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Error message when adding POI

Hi @Atsukot 

Thank you for your announcement .

I would like to report a situation on Egypt maps . 

1- Since first of January we could not add new places to the maps by the regular method 

Screenshot will explain

Screenshot_2019-01-30-00-53-51-063_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

When drop a pin you could not see add missing place icon as usual .

Screenshot_2019-01-30-00-54-25-268_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

So you try to add the place by using add missing place icon from the menu 

But when I use update location on the maps to put the pin in the correct location as usual .

This screenshot appear below Screenshot_2019-01-30-00-54-31-667_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

So we can't add new poi .

This also reported by many friends from other countries not Egypt only .

2- today 13 o'clock Egypt time all my edits goes pending reviews , no one edit applied .

Screenshot of pending below.Screenshot_2019-01-30-00-55-24-725_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

Normally all edits accepted immediately as I made a lot every day and no one goes pending .

Below screenshot of applied edits before 13.00 o'clock Screenshot_2019-01-30-00-55-10-597_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

You can see the huge difference .

This also reported from many friends from countries rather than Egypt .

So what is going on and what you advice us to do .

Sorry for this long report and I hope this issue solved soon .

Best regards from Egypt local guides team .

77 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: #lets guide

Hi @GeorgesHR 

I want to confirm that this issue is solved now in Egypt .

Thank you so much for your support .

Best regards

View solution in original post

Level 9

How to add a Missing road in Google Maps?

In my locality there are many roads missing from Google Map. Some roads are even not in the exact place. But when i try to add a new road, i just cannot do it. I am getting a message like that.

Screenshot_2018-12-18-10-47-45-1.png

Is there anyone, who can help me?

Google Moderator

Re: How to add a Missing road in Google Maps?

Hello @ShahnewazAhmed,

Thank you for reaching out. 

As you receive in the information message, there are some area that Google is unable to accept road edits. We are working to expand editing to as many places as possible.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Re: How to add a Missing road in Google Maps?

Thanks @Ivi_Ge for your kind information.

I wish very soon we'll have the opportunity.

Level 7

Can't add missing places

Hi everyone, I have been recently dealing with an issue where I'm unable to add missing places. When I drop pins, it doesn't give me the option, and even if I use the drop down feature, it gives me an error (which may be due to my location being Guyana, South America). I attached screenshots to give some more context. If anyone can help, it would be highly appreciated. Screenshot_20181218-151427.jpg

Screenshot_20181218-151449.jpg

Level 8

Re: Can't add missing places

I'm Faceing a similar situation.. Description bellow:

So i work with 360° photos, and there are always business that i work with that aren't registered on google maps nor google search bar, so i suggest them and create them with the " Send FeedBack" Option, and about 1 months ago when i wasn't a trusted street viewer yet all my suggestions were published and apeared in less then 10 minutes, after i recieved an email of google saying they were published of course, but now i can still publish any place, and i still do recieve the email telling me i sucessfully published the local business, but the only what to see that business is via the link i'm sent thru the email, and any one can see that link and look up the business with my 360° photos, but the catchy thing is, when i search for an instance the business's name, it won't apear what so ever... Could anyone please help me, because many of my customers are becoming frustrated with my services thinking i'm a froud and since i do this for a living, i'm in risk of losing my what so job... (There are many business that already existe and i only publish the photos, But about 10% i have to send a feed back to create them.), As an exemple, the picture above of a store in 360° follows the link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/S%C3%B3+Divino+Far%C3%B3is/@-16.6695356,-49.2783836,17z/data=!4m11... , but when i search it by the name it shows all of it's competitors, but doesn't show them.

Google Moderator

Hello @PunGodOfTheSouth,

Thank you for reaching out, according to the message you received there are some area that Google is unable to accept edits, but we are always working to expand our editing regions.

Since there is a thread discussing about the same issue, I am merging it here - How to add a Missing road in Google Maps?.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Hi @AngieYC 

The thing is that I used to be able to add missing places up until recently so idk if there is some other issue.

Google Moderator

Hello @PunGodOfTheSouth,

As what I mentioned before and according to the message you received, it is because there are some places that Google is unable to make edits. We hope, we can expand our edits regions wider as soon as possible. 

Level 7

Well, since it seems there is nothing I can do except wait, thank you for your time @AngieYC.