cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to add Photo of place.

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are doing great,

I have a question, How would I add images of place which I have visited.

I want to add few of my photos on the place, But I can't see any Add Photo option.

I am attaching the screenshot of the place.

How can I contribute over here.

Coordinate of place is :30.164404, 79.633015 

Screenshot from 2018-05-16 14_42_40.png

5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How to add Photo of place.

Helo @VinayakParekh, if the 'add photo' icon is not there, you will not be able to add pictures to it. The fact that you can add photos for some of these public spaces (e.g. parks) and not for others, is linked to functions that were avaialble to local guides in the past, but are no longer available now.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

Hello @VinayakParekh

You can add photo on this place using your mobile gallery app. 

• On your mobile device open gallery app
  • Select photos you want to add on map
  • Click on share button
  • Select Google maps
  • Select a place and share.

Have a look this screenshotScreenshot_20180516-161241.png

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing that @NareshDarji, now I also have learned something new 😀

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 7

Hi @NareshDarji,

Thanks for writing back,

That's a good trick to add it on map.

But I have many photos my PC, So it's kind of difficult to do for multiple places,

If I have to make Add Photos visible for others too.

Whom should I contact.

Level 7

Open your gallery, select a picture and press share (as if you want to post it in Instagram, etc. or send it by gmail, etc) then in the different options you will find Google Maps, so press this option and type the place you took that photo.

If you have normally the GPS on in your smartphone, the place should appear automatically if you are still in that place in the first position, and if not in your "history" depending how long ago.....

In any event to all Local Guides who really love to be part of it, I do recommend to update their smartphones for newer versions (Google Pixel...)  with AI!!! they make things much easier!!!