fleetwoodPC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

How to Shoot Videos

I'd like to meet with people interested in shooting video.

Upper Darby, PA, USA
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Google Moderator
Solution

Re: How to Shoot Videos

Hello @fleetwoodPC,

Welcome to Connect. 

Answering the title of your post on how to shoot videos, here is an article that you might find useful about How to post great videos on Google Maps and maybe @TravellerG can also share some of his tips about it. 

In addition to that, if you want to meet-up with other Local Guides who have the same interest, you can always host your own meet-ups by planning it here

But before that, I recommend reading this post How to Organize a Local Guides Meet-Up which gives you helpful ideas on the types of activities you can plan and some guidance and tips for helping you organize a successful event for yourself and the Local Guides in your area. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Google Moderator
Solution

Hello @fleetwoodPC,

Welcome to Connect. 

Answering the title of your post on how to shoot videos, here is an article that you might find useful about How to post great videos on Google Maps and maybe @TravellerG can also share some of his tips about it. 

In addition to that, if you want to meet-up with other Local Guides who have the same interest, you can always host your own meet-ups by planning it here

But before that, I recommend reading this post How to Organize a Local Guides Meet-Up which gives you helpful ideas on the types of activities you can plan and some guidance and tips for helping you organize a successful event for yourself and the Local Guides in your area. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi friends @fleetwoodPC and Moderator @AngieYC.

Dea @AngieYC, thanks for tagging me here - I am really interested to guide such topics.

Honestly, I am a fan of 2D & 3D Videos - although I am shy of publishing these, as it is highly time consuming....

Fine, let come to the point: dear @fleetwoodPC: Thanks for your interest in Videography -  What are your interests ? This is a wonderful topic and exciting too - I too love it.

But, kindly guide me:

Where Do YOU want us to start from?

• Mobile Videos or Digital Camera Videos or Dedicated Video Cameras? - always, it will be good for all, if we start from basic.
  • If it is for Google Map (& LG Connect Publishing) or 4K (or higher) resolution?

Just give a little idea to start with - then we can build a good series.

If your time permits, Here are few topics on Photography, which I have already published - what type do you suggest ?

Kindly let me know,

Thanks

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 7

I will gladly help you out with what i have taught myself so far. I have about 32 Videos on Youtube , and am getting the hang of creating a story through my videos. There are some things I have learnt the hard way , and I know i am not in your area , and cannot meet face to face but if you would like , I will gladly help you out via e-mail or even introduce you to some of my works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pIXX27yiXo&t=22s
This is one of my Videos of when i cover a major event in the City where i stay. I do not charge or want payment for doing the video , but use the event and the video as a way for me to learn and also help promote events that I enjoy. I try not to take food off professional videographers and TV stations plates by not charging , but I do ask for the event to allow me to get a Media Certification card . I have been doing it for years , and only now do the big events recognise me as i have built up a reputation , and that's exactly what you need to do.

Poet , Photographer , Artist , Videographer , Sailor .
Level 5

"Join a meet-up

It's an event hosted by Local Guides like you."

Quite disappointing.
Had to search 20 US cities before finding one meetup in San Diego.
Not even NY?

Level 10

Hello @fleetwoodPC 

Are you still interested, @Mongoose or me know about it...

Thanks Mangoose for your support

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 5

Thank you. Your videos are super nice but not what I need to shoot. I'm creating headshot/educational videos ... me talking with captions and infographics.

I need help in the AfterEffects arena adding overlays of text and animations.