cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Free 6-month trial of Google One + 300rs Google play credit for Local Guides

I see many people receiving this perk

Free 6-month trial of Google One + 300rs Google play credit for Local Guides

but yet to see any email regarding this, I am level 6 and people from my country receiving this

Former Google Contributor

Re: Free 6-month trial of Google One + 300rs Google play credit for Local Guides

Hi @jackpison,

Thank you for asking about Google One perk for Local Guides. This perk was sent to a limited number of Local Guides as per availability through Google One. The Local Guides program is constantly evolving. Perks may be offered from time to time. To maximize your chances of being eligible for a future perk opportunity, continue to add high quality contributions to Google Maps.

If you have a suggested partner, or a perk you would like to see offered in your area, we welcome your feedback in the comments below. Please also be sure that your email preferences have perks emails enabled by visiting Local Guides home.

Since we already have an ongoing thread, I will merge your post to How to Redeem Google One Offer - TravellerG.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Re: How to Redeem Google One Offer - TravellerG

Namskar..

@NareshDarji Bhai

Thanks and Congrats you tooo..

Regards From Mumbai..

Level 8

Google one debits money

Google one debits money

I am really shocked!

I live in India, used my debit card for free 2TB and I was charged 50Rs 2 times (100Rs in total) for no reason

Is that a mistake? 

If it's not a mistake why was I not warned earlier ?

I am really disappointed with this, looking forward for moderator to help me out 

Level 9

Re: Google one debits money

Hi, @Yash it is a part of verification of your Debit card. Just check your account statement, it must have been refunded back by now. Thanks.

Level 6

Level 10

@Yash Yes, as Priyanka replied above, it's just a verification charge to ensure the credit/debit card number provided can be charged, which then will be credited back. 

Just do remember that the Google One perk is a trial subscription and assuming you don't want to continue a chargeable subscription service after the trial period, do put in a reminder to cancel the subscription before the trial is ended. And do also take note that before your current trial period ends, and if you are not continuing, make sure you have not exceeded your native Drive space, otherwise gmail will not receive emails after that because not no free space in Drive.

Level 8

Thanks for the reply!

Actually it was not credited unless I contacted the Google support in Google one , they said they will contact financial department regarding this, they rollbacked and credited it , they said it was on hold to verify

Well the thing here is I am not much into cards and stuff, usually in India when you use card locally, you get asked for OTP, but when you shop from Amazon or Google services, they just ask for card number and that's it, they debit 

But the case here is they debitted my money withiught even warning me, at least I should be warned thaty card will be charged as a verification process, they didn't even considered doing it, I don't mind if they verify but at least they should warn, it was kind of awkward and creepy when your account get debits for no reason , but yeah now it's sorted , just had a suggestion to add some future warnings that when you add a card they will debit your card as verification process 

Level 8

Hi @Yash, usually in the terms and conditions, there will be a mention about this. I too was charged 50 bucks but immediately it was reverted. This is done to verify the card. Don't worry, you will get your money back.

Cheers.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Yash is Google Pay available in your area? If it is, if the cards are already verified in Google Pay then this won't happen with future purchases/subscriptions/trials.

Regards Paul