TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Google one perk

Thanks for merging the topic, I wanted to ask what does this means?

1. Additional INR 300/= (India

Do  I need to pay extra if I am in India? Didn't got the meaning of that?

Level 7

@Yash 

No, In fact, you will get INR 300 being added up into your Google Play account. An additional perk from Google.

Level 8

Re: How to Redeem Google One Offer - TravellerG

Thanks for sharing @TravellerG

However it's not available in Nepal but hope to get it soon.

Namaste

Niraj

Level 10

Re: Do I get to keep Google One Storage if I cancel?

@neerajtheblogger This is an important question and glad you asked it. By default every gmail user gets a 15GB Google Drive storage, which is used for everything the Google account holds, which may include files you store in Drive, all storage of Gmail and photos/videos you upload to different Google platforms (except Google Photos in high quality mode)

If at anytime your storage reaches or exceeds your capacity limit, you cannot add any more files in any of the above, which also means your gmail will stop receiving emails.

Coming back to your question. If you activate your Google One storage (say 100GB extra), so in total you have 115GB. And you store files up over your 15GB, say you stored 16GB worth of total storage (you can check that in your Google Drive dashboard). When your Google One extra storage subscription ends, your max capacity will revert to 15GB. Your old files are not deleted, it will be there (that's my understanding unless it changes). But you no longer are able to add anymore files, and your gmail will stop receiving emails (that's the more critical issue). So at that particular time, either you have to manually reduce your storage by deleting files, or subscribe to a Google Drive/One plan.

Hope that helps.

*Note that I am not 100% sure if you cancel your Google One subscription half way, do you get to keep the extra storage until the actual expiry. I suspect you should since you have paid for it upfront. However, if you are asking about the Google One perk for Local Guides, since it's free, I am not sure if this still applies, I do hope it does.

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Do I get to keep Google One Storage if I cancel?

Hi @neerajtheblogger,

Thanks for raising up the question. 

Much acknowledgement from @StephenAbraham, for the detailed explanation regarding the inquiry.

Follow up from that, you may also take a look at Purchase, cancellation, & refund policies for the Drive storage.

I have moved this post to How to Redeem Google One Offer topic, I believe the community can access to it more easily from there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!

Re: Perks

Hi @VivekRathod

I just wanted to let you know that I've merged your post to this How to Redeem Google One Offer topic. Feel free to check it out and congrats for getting the perk. 😉 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Awesome surprize from google One

The one of the best surprize I got from google One. Though its for  1 year but still I`m happy. google onegoogle one

Re: Awesome surprize from google One

Hi @SDatta,

Congratulations on getting the perk!

I am just letting you know that I will merge your post to an already active thread about this perk.  

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@Yashnope

Level 9

Re: Awesome surprize from google One

Thanks @MortenSI