MarioO's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: How to Exit Local Guides Program and Delete ALL my Contributions

@MarioO

Don't be angry Mario and see the other benefits for your contribution helping others don't deny that you didn't got benefits from other local guides contributions on google maps so stay tuned for google new offers.

@ErmesT

really i like your helpful replies and hope to meet you in real my dream didn't come true this year 😞 but i'm sure next times it will isa.    

Level 4

@cjland wrote:

Quite honestly the conversation cracks me up a bit because I have been in the LOCAL program before it was really even a PROGRAM.  Here is my issue.

Hey LOCAL USER.  Here a PERK from Google for your hard work.  We are going to give you a FREE GARAGE for 2 years.  Please fill it with your stuff.  In 2 years, we are going to ask you to PAY FOR IT or move your stuff out.  Okay?  Remind me once again....what was the PERK?

Yes.  I did receive BENEFIT from GOOGLE.  I have not been submitting photos for benefit but it was a benefit of being in the program.  Now Google is saying....please PAY UP.  However, on the YOUTUBE side, Google is writing CHECKS to people who perform well.  These SAME PEOPLE may not be doing it for compensation....but they get something for being part of THAT GOOGLE program.  And guess what, Google is not going to back to them and ASK for the $$$$ back after 2 years.

This is my ISSUE.  I think for Google to GIVE A PERK and then REMOVE it from the people (the hard working photographers) that are making this platform GREAT....is OBNOXIOUS.  In fact, I will go so far to say is that Google should be allowing photographers that contribute STORE ALL OF THEIR photos on the platform.  Do some AI against those photos.  Recommend NEW places to make a connection.  Continue to make it amazing.

But this is not what is happening.  I will spending the next several days removing 250GB from Google Drive.  OBNOXIOUS.  So....with that, I will also be removing all of my photos too.  

It is clear that as much as Google WANTS TO BE A SOCIAL platform.....and to reward its users....it really misses the mark.  A SEMI-FREE PROMO for 2 years.....What is that?  Come back to me and tell me I need to submit 500 photos to keep it going?  Set a min # of photos.  Give me some feedback.  But the damage has been done on this one.

Is a PERK to go meet with other photographers in person?  Is that the PERK?   Is that the GOAL?  No.  You want to take photos, store photos, ensure they are backed up (and safe) and repeat.  That is all.

Ja zaista ne mogu razumijeti, zbog cega je nemoguce jednostavno pobrisati sve contributions? Cak neki korisnici prijavljuju slucajeve da se i pored pobrisanih fotografija na Google Photos, one i dalje danima pojavljuju na Google Maps.

Level 2

The  https://goo.gl/BrLptc takes me to the sign up page, not to any resign information! And it doesn't list Local Guides as a service to be deleted under https://myaccount.google.com/preferences#deleteservices. 😞

Level 3

Pretty sad so many of us want to stop being guides for Google because we don't want to be associated with the FRAUD Google is perpetuating by allowing guides and anyone and everyone to leave FAKE reviews. I personally am sick of people leaving fake reviews for our business especially guides, especially when Google's review deletion policy when a review is flagged is set up to perpetuate these lies and fake reviews. You can SUE the person that left the review, but Google knows we can't sue them!

Level 3

Why would anyone want to continue as a guide to perpetuate the lies that Google is allowing their guides and everyone leave with their FAKE reviews...?

Level 6

Im with you on this! Im angry now after doing a lot of work, editing of reviews and providing pictures. I just only found out theres NO benefit. 

I will also thoroughly delete ALL of my content if I can't quickly receive compensation for the work which was only two years ago promised compensation in the form of Google services. 

Level 6

Just did the same. Hope Google finds it worth saving a few bucks. I'm sure 12000 views is nothing to them anyway. But I don't work for free 😉 Do you?