MarioO's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

How to Exit Local Guides Program and Delete ALL my Contributions

Good morning,

I would like to know how I can Exit the local guides programs and DELETE ALL my contributions.

Hopefully there's someone who can point me in the right direction.

Cheers,

Mexico
96 comments
Level 9

Re: How to Exit Local Guides Program and Delete ALL my Contributions

It's really worrying to see someone withdrawing from our community. Do you have specific problems that you would like to get addressed by an expert ?
In my opinion deleting everything is the last option. I hope you have thought about all your options before this decision.

You have an option to close your account My settings -> personal profile -> close account so it will remove your account from local guides. 

I'm not sure about deleting your account from google maps, but there is an option to delete your account from Google itself.

But I suggest you stick with this awesome community and if you have any concerns please post them here we  will try our best to help you.

Level 6

What I would like to do es remove all my contributions but I don't know how.

I was really disappointed when Google started to modify the benefits to contributors, first it reduced the 1TB Storage to 100GB, then it removed the storage benefit all together and I got to Level 4 too late and did not receive anything.

It's just really frustrating to see how they are managing this community regarding this issue.

Connect Moderator

Hi @MarioO, I'm reading now about your frustration in being arrived too late for the 100 GB for one year.
Well, let me say that in one side, if you was contributing in Maps just for this reason well, you can manually delete one by one all your contributions in Maps (do this in a desktop computer is very easy and fast) then you can close your account in Connect, close your account in Gmail, uninstall your Google Maps App in the smartphone, and that's all.
In the other side, (this is just my point of view, of course), when I use Google Maps in driving my car, or I check the opening time of a shop, I think that I have in my hand a powerfull tool, and this is just because a lot of LG, like you and me, keep the system updated, giving the possibility to you, and to me, to have an easier and better life. This is the power of sharing knowledge and informations, so this is the real benefit that I get in being a Local Guide.

When I write a review in Maps, my tought is: is what I write useful? And I try to imagine myself in reading that review. My feeling is that (I repeat) you and me, and other thousand of LG, can help to improve this system so that you (and me, and everyone) can have more informations, in no time, at no cost. But of course, if your feeling is that you will not use Maps anymore, well, how can I stop you?

Thanks a lot for reading, my hope is that you will give me a Feedback.

Ermes

Level 5

I also share @MarioO's frustration.
I see your point @ErmesT, it is a great way to help others and yourself by uploading photos and giving rates. I really appreciated improve the info of my city,  however, at the same time, I was expecting a reward for all the time I spent doing that, plus, Google benefits a lot out of it, the more we contribute the better the system gets and more people use it,  without hardly any effort coming from Google. They should at least reward our effort in another way, a few GBs is nothing for them. 

Level 10

Hi, i want to add just some points:

Hope you will change your mind and you will continue your journey as Local Guide along with us!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarioO wrote:

Good morning,

I would like to know how I can Exit the local guides programs and DELETE ALL my contributions.

Hopefully there's someone who can point me in the right direction.

Cheers,

I just manually deleted all my reviews and photos via Google Maps on my desktop computer. After you open Google Maps:

• click on the icon at the top left to open the side menu
  • select "Your Contributions"
  • then go to the "Reviews" tab
  • for each review, there should be 3 dots at the top right... click on that and select "Delete Review"
  • do the same thing in the "Photos" tab

Then delete your Local Guides account:

• open the side menu by clicking on your profile icon (top right) on the Local Guides Connect website
  • select "My Settings"
  • then go to the "Close Account" tab
  • finally click the "Close Account" button

I'm about to do the same. Goodbye community.

Level 3

Thanks, I will do the same, the benefits for Google are really important, we should contribute to open data.

Level 10

Hello @MarioO

Why should you want to Leave Local Guides Program ! You're Doing very well.

and you're talking about Google Storage Promotion Ending Program, so usually Perks are change after some time. so don't worry about that and do more contribution 🙂

and if you want to Leave this Program, so please follow @LucioV Instructions.

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Connect Moderator

It will be simple @David2853, to delete all your contributions. If you only added 49 photos, you don't need do anything. Closing your Gmail account, all your photos will be deleted, so no problem.

If you added 41 review, you can remove it in less than an Hour. It will take longer to close your Gmail account, coping all the mail you want to save, downloading all the photos from Google photos or Drive, remove Google Maps and Crome App from your mobile. All free of charge, of course but, if this is your thought, what can I do?

My point of view is written in the previous post, then you are free to do what you think is better for you.

I wish you good luck.

Nice thing is that @MarioO still here with us. Thanks Mario