TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: How to Create a Post in Connect? - TravellerG

Thanks dear @TravellerG for taking time to help the new comers. 

I learned hyperlink option very interesting. 

My small suggestion is if you can only mention the how to do part,  will be easy for quick reference. 

Level 10

Thank you dear @AmbrishVarshney for your kind words.

If it suits you, kindly refer this post or write the content (in the line of this post), to all the new comers, whom you come accross, please.

I am not looking for any credit; honestly & genuinly wanted to help, many new comers... Please try...

I have seen the tendancy of new LGs shying away from LG Connect... You can help many...

You know, this post will be out of the board in a day or two, 'deep burried'... (almost three months' of on & Off writting, & still needs refinement, I know).

Thanks

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

100% @TravellerG sir I will refer that to new lgs 

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 10

I know, you work a lot for the community, Thanks, dear @AmbrishVarshney

Regs

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Thank you dear @JohnPeter

You know, many LGs are shying away from LG Connect? I refer to @Saravanakanth's remark, that many feel that "Writing in connect definitely is a challenging task" - this should be removed.

Since you are an active member, try preaching to LGs to be active in  LG Connect (being active is an important point, as you know. I refer to the discussions, our @SalmaanN mentioned in Yercaus. If my post or it's content is useful anyway, kindly use it - please refer it to new comers, please.

I know the fact that, as rightly told by our @LucioV in, one of his posts, hours & days of work gets off the board in a day or two.. really sad..

Regs

Connect Moderator

I understand what you're trying to do @TravellerG. The challenge with any kind of interactive place is induction. Inducting newcomers while still making them feel wanted and respected is very difficult. When the first thing they see is read all these posts and read all these documents and then they get pounced on by people who only comment on the negative things in their post.

This has been a frequent topic of discussion between the Googlers and Connect Moderators and was also a behind the scenes discussion at Connect Live with various people.

I don't think there is an easy answer to this particular issue, any site involving people and social activity is going to get the whole gamut of humans from those who are not particularly clever, to those who are narcissistic (selfie crowd), through to academic people who have something to say even when there is nothing to be said. 

I've spent the last 15 years or so training people and a thing I've learned is that the initial induction of those people must go well or you'll be challenged with them forever. There is no one learning style. Some people will enjoy your post-of-all-things and its documents, others will want to search, others won't look no matter what is done because they're so certain they're already right and need no guidance.

The only real issue I've got with your post-of-all-things will be your will to keep it up to date. It will be fine for a while, but Connect itself and the policies used to operate it change quite frequently as it evolves and making sure that your guidance is always up to date will be challenging for you. It is a not an insignificant amount of work. It is a forever project.

I would suggest if you want to keep it and want to keep it up to date you will need a team. You need people to watch for and recognise change (Local Guides don't get told about all of it) and you need people to edit the documents, you need someone to undertake peer review, grammar, spelling and other updates, you'll need people to form it into a palatable form - traditional documents have their place as boring reference material but if you want people to actually read them then you need to think about design - both the appearance of your material and how it flows. You might even have to think about translation into other languages. English is not the only language on Connect - there are loads of others used all the time.

Level 10

Dear friend, @PaulPavlinovich,

I am sure, your 'love' for me is very explicit and I thank you profusely. As the Chairman (of an international conglomerate, with over 40 years of pro-experience), LG Connect is not my destination; but, surely, I am a good fan of it (along with Google Maps). I dedicate, few hours of a day for these (of course, my personal team members also, helps me). Also, my travels help me to contribute to Google Maps & Connect.

Due to repeated requests, from many LGs around me, I just thought to do my best, to help them. Meanwhile, if others are benefited, it is good too.

I understand the challenges and limitations [definitely, I shall try to edit / update this, if there are users]; still I feel, "a consolidated, single document", which I ‘searched’ for, while I started connect, is what I am dedicating. 

I know, within a few days, this will be out of the board - I leave it to God.

If I happen to come across a new comer, I shall try to give the information, if it is useful, let them use it.

Once again, my heartfelt thanks for you, for sparing your valuable time to explain the details to me, in depth.

May God bless you,

Regards

TravellerG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @TravellerG 

Screenshot_2018-12-14-00-35-05-558_com.google.android.apps.maps-01.jpeg

Level 10

Hi dear friend, @Anonymous,

excellent depth of field.. highly appreciate..

Did my (How to Create a Post) post could contribute or refresh some clues?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

User friendly and informative post @TravellerG

Thank you.