TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

How to Create a Post in Connect? - TravellerG

Hi Friends,

How to Publish a Respectable & Effective Post?

AIM:

To make a Single Post, containing all the essential points to start a Simple, but Efficient Post (binding the rules of LG Connect), for the new comers, who even do not know the basics.

This post deals with basic and overall communication methods (systems) of LocalGuidesConnect Forum. Here, we are trying to understand ‘How to Publish a Respectable & Effective Post’. (At the end, I have included some guidelines, especially for ‘Photography’ posts, too).

I know that many of the new comers might have already glanced trough many posts in LG Connect & might have published posts, as well. But, I request you, to revisit a couple of ‘Trending Posts’, after going through this post,  so that you can see the Posts, Comments, Replies, etc., with more clarity.

Where to start?

First, understand that you are with your friends, here in this forum - please feel relaxed and be comfortable. Yes, as you know, this is an exclusive, Global Community of Google Maps’ Local Guides, from different walks of life & with different cultures. We all want you to be happy in this platform and  benefited.

I am sure, if you follow these simple steps given in these posts, you will be a successful and reputed publisher in Connect, in a short time. Believe me…

1. 5 Core Values of Connect & Other Important Links: (Read more)
  2. Who all are in this Forum? (Read more)
  3. Now, Get Familiar: (Read more)
  4. Why you should introduce yourself? (Read more).
  5. What are the typical Contents (or Headings) of a Typical Post (New Message)?(Read more).
  6. What is TAGGING & How to use @ TAG (Read more).
  7. What is KUDOS & what is the use of Kudos: (Read more)
  8. What is “Accept as Solution”. (Read more)
  9. Add Locations. (Read more)
  10. Add Tags (Topic Tags): (Read more)
  11. Add Language: (Read more)
  12. Few Information: (Read more)
  13. Few suggestions: (Read more)

For posts under ‘Photography’ Topic:

1. Additional Details, which will add value to a Photography Post: (Read more)

Thanks, and rest be assured that, we all LGs are here to help you..

All the best, & kindly don't forget to tag me, please, at least your, next few posts..

With regards and prayer for all your success

Your friend, LG member.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

39 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How to Create a Post in Connect? - TravellerG

Hi @TravellerG its cool that you're going to the effort to put these together, but I have a couple of items of feedback, firstly most (if not all) of these topics already have official posts from Googlers or Connect Moderators mainly in the How-tos topic which are maintained as Connect evolves, I'm curious why you think documents in a private Google Drive are better than content here on Connect?

The second item of feedback is you don't take your own advice about tagging moderators 🙂

Paul

Level 10

Thank you dear friend, @PaulPavlinovich, for your response:

My humble & specific answer for question:

1. You are right that most of the topics are available, when you 'search'; however, a new comer (example me, a year aback or few dozens of people, I know & guided), they don’t know even the basics - Hope you will take my answer with the right spirit.

In the post, I have added:

The AIM:

To make a Single Post, containing all the essentials points to start a Simple, but Efficient Post (binding the rules of LG Connect), for the new comers, who even do not know the basics. (I have received this request from many LGs). 

2. I specifically tagged 4 well known, interactive Moderators for getting positive and supportive inputs to make this post more effective.

I sincerely pray that one day, LG Connect will have an official Document (Video + Notes in one bundle), in this line. It will surely help the new comers – They will have a (re-referable) pre-training kit and can happily start the forum with confidence, after going through the same.

Then, moderators will have more time to promote junior LGs.

I humbly request you to kindly take these points with positive spirit and analyse the benefits, from a third angle.

Thank you very much, dear friend.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 9

@TravellerG Very worthy..!. Surely it will guide me in writing my next post effectively . Thanks for sharing. 

Level 10

Namskar..

@TravellerG..

Great Sir..

Again you wrote Informative Post..

I always follow your Post, and Share a link to My Other friends who want to learn related subjects..

I recently met Neighbourlys New friends who already LGs but Unknown from connect, I would like to share this link to them..

So Thank you so much for this helpful post for new members..

Regards From Mumbai..

Level 10

Thank you dear friend, @Shrut19,

We LGs are here to help ech other...

When you share, kindly forward me any questions, you get.. I shall try to give the answer, please..

Refs

Level 10

You are welcome, my dear @MohanVee, Kindly let me know.. if there are any more points, you or your friends may need to be answered..

Regs

Level 10

Hi dear @aaryesdee & @Anonymous, Could you please comment whether this post is handy for your refence, please?

Thanks

Level 10

Namskar..

@TravellerG

Yes Sir, your right Our LGs Program base on helping each other and specially locals..

And You are the best helpful Nature..

Warm Regards..

Level 10

👍, dear friend,