Iangeorvine's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How street view by car Done by google Map Team works in each Country

I have seen some countries their roads have street view done by google cars'. But others countries like my country  (Tanzania, Kenya) don't have. 

so how does this program works or what are things to be considered for a country to be chosen, since this program (street view)  is a big helping tool in google map and in every country . @TraciC @MegS

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: How street view by car Done by google Map Team works in each Country

I will be waiting for that Moment. 

View solution in original post

Level 9

Here is the link can help you.

@Iangeorvine

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Hi @Iangeorvine Yes you are right, some countries have this street view and some not. The things is Google is evolving day by day and much countries in Africa here are beginning to have this street view imagery. For example in Nigeria we don't have street view imagery before done by Google itself. But as of July 22 2017 Google Launched what they called Google For Nigeria on that day as well they launched the street view which was available immediately after the launching on many roads in Lagos, Nigeria. Google is working and expanding to be in many countries and of course would always want to expand being borders. Initially u never believed something like street view would be available for my country, when it was launched I was schocked and the most happiest for that day. Just keep your fingers crossed and see what might happen in the future in your country. Who knows when it will be Google For Tanzania or Kenya ? No one knows only Google just stay tuned :).

Dont also forget to check what Google is doing presently for Africa here:https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalskills

Kind Regards

Level 8
Solution

I will be waiting for that Moment. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Iangeorvine, Traci and I aren't moderators. Please don't tag us. You can tag moderators or the Street View team with questions.

Level 8

Thanks well noted @MegS