ZekariasT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: How long does it take to get approval to newly added place? Who gives the approval?

@ProfArunCM Thanks! If you read what @NarenChandra writes - he has experimented with what works and not and he sure about his answer.

Level 8

Re: How long does it take to get approval to newly added place? Who gives the approval?

In my experience it can be immediate or take a week or two. I always add a picture and phone number, and hours. But getting the points is a different story. Even when I get the creations approved, the points don't show until a few days, sometimes weeks later. @ZekariasT

Level 7

@DiAnaUS What do you think about @NarenChandra answer? Have you tried as he has suggested and got the same result?

Level 7

@ZekariasT wrote:

@sputnikjim

Thank you for the reply! how do you know a computer does that? 

@ZekariasT@, Please read what Google Moderator @GusMoreira says in this post, Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?

Level 9

In my experience, the newly added place gets approved within a day. 

Approval involves different steps:

1) The checks by a Google Moderator with satellite images, street views and other tools.

2) Asking users near by for confirmation

3) A quality check by Google team

May be this answer in Quora helps you better

https://www.quora.com/How-does-the-review-process-work-on-Google-Map-Maker

Hope this helps

Level 8

Yes, recently they are getting better with the points. If it is a restaurant I upload the menu, so it contains days, hours, and contact on the front page. Those creations are approved immediately, but the points don't show up until a few days later, sometimes it takes a week @ZekariasT

Level 7

@NarenChandra

how many points do i get if i have not provided all the details.

@NarenChandra wrote:

@ZekariasT yes , i just added 17 places and i got instant approval for all, since i mentioned at-least 5 out of 7 needed details.

Level 10

@Jnjoe it's like you get 15 points on the place added ,irrespective of the number of data you provide  

After the place is approved and you add more images then you get extra points. You don't loseem any points of you miss few details.

Level 7

@NarenChandra

What if I added all the details and 3-4 photos to back how many points will I get. 

Level 10

@Jnjoe you will get 15 points no matter how many images you add during the addition of place.

Just add 2 pics during the addition of place and once it get approved , you can add other image to gain points.