ZekariasT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How long does it take to get approval to newly added place? Who gives the approval?

How long does it take to get approval of newly added place on Google maps. And who is approving them?

20 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: How long does it take to get approval to newly added place? Who gives the approval?

@ZekariasT 

if you provide the below data while creating a place then it will be approved in seconds.

1.Name of the place

2.address

3.location

4.contact details

5.website

6.opening and closing time

7.image 

if few of the details are missing then you have to be patient for some days until google approves or other local guides approve the place must be added.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Re: How long does it take to get approval to newly added place? Who gives the approval?

Hi @ZekariasT It can take a few seconds or it can go up to more than one month. Other Local Guides might be able to verify the info, you have to be patient.

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides
Level 10
Solution

@ZekariasT 

if you provide the below data while creating a place then it will be approved in seconds.

1.Name of the place

2.address

3.location

4.contact details

5.website

6.opening and closing time

7.image 

if few of the details are missing then you have to be patient for some days until google approves or other local guides approve the place must be added.

Level 7

@NarenChandra

Have you tried putting on the list of information you have stated, and got approval instantly? or read it from some kind of guide?

Level 10

@ZekariasT yes , i just added 17 places and i got instant approval for all, since i mentioned at-least 5 out of 7 needed details.

Level 9

Hello @ZekariasT , some times seconds sometimes months really , am level 5 this happened with me , i think the type of the ADD , restaurant or office , if you add the place when you are at the same location or not ,sometmes if you move the place it approved directly, so dont worry its not something personal 😉

Level 7

Thanks @OSAMA; I am not taking it personal. The question was to know the time, and the one who approves. 

Level 7

Google has computer programs review edit requests against some secret approval criteria.  I dont know what the criteria is -- nobody who know is allowed to say.  

In many cases, the computer program decides that it is ok to publish so the edit gets approved quickly.

In other cases, the computer program decides that a request definitely fails some criteria for approval.  Those cases are denied quickly.

In a final set of cases, the program does not decided to publish or deny.  Instead, a Google employee must review the request and make a decision to publish or deny the request.

It is impossible to say how long this work will take to reach a final decision.

Level 7

@sputnikjim

Thank you for the reply! how do you know a computer does that? I also know google maps has the check facts function that will ask local guides if suggested nearby places are correct. But I am not sure if that is applied to all verification. 

Level 10

Not specified, its vary from place to place @ZekariasT Many a times, it is instant.

@sputnikjim

@OSAMA

@NarenChandra

@LuisHM