Julien44's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

How local guides saved me from police fine?

Hi guys,

I just want to let you know what happened to my family last week!

The police came to my house regarding household wastes.

They told us that on April 2018, they found a bag of household wastes from my family. This bag wasn't put properly at the waste collection.

They said it was not allowed to put the garbage anywhere. They also told us that  they will going to put us a fine for it up to 1500€. They knew it was from ourself as they found a paper with our name on it.

I was very suprised as some of you know, my family is very careful with household wastes. We try our best to limit our impact on the environment. We reuse as much as possible, we recycle as much as possible and we consume with ecologic spirit.

How was it possible?

In fact, the bag wasn't left anywhere. It was on the foot of the waste container.

The bag was left on the foot of the container because the container was full. The container was probabily full because it was during school holiday and in a small village where the population increase a lot during school holidays. 

Unfortunatly, the police was looking to make money and they thought the found the a guilty! In France, it is not allowed to leave a bag of waste even outside a full waste container. I was then out of the law.

Can you imaging how upset I was? 

Lucky me, I had some arguments:

- The bag wasn't left anywhere,

- The container was full and I left the bag properly at the foot,

- My family was active on ecological projects such as #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld and I could prouve it : 

- https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld-Family-bike-ride-i...

LGCTW - Bike rideLGCTW - Bike ride

- https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld-Saint-Nazaire-France/m-...20180408_142121 (2).jpg

- https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Summit-Alumni/Pre-Connect-Live-Meetup-Recap-Clean-The-World-Co...

Our Clean The World - Connect Live 2018 Edition Meetup Local Guides Team riding MUNI, SF's public bus, to The Presidio. Photo Credit: San Francisco Bay Area Local Guide and Connect Moderator @karenvchinOur Clean The World - Connect Live 2018 Edition Meetup Local Guides Team riding MUNI, SF's public bus, to The Presidio. Photo Credit: San Francisco Bay Area Local Guide and Connect Moderator @KarenVChin

- https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld-Reuse-project/td-p...LGCTWLGCTW

At the end, when the principal legal officer saw our story, it found it was not fare to give us a fine. He decided not to pursue us and to close the file.

Doing good things, helping people as we can do in the local guide program is always positive. And sometimes, it can help when it is not expecting.

So my friends, let's continue giving, sharing , helping and to be good local guides, we are in the right direction!

Thanks #LocalGuides and see you around ?

Jul

PS: For your information @ermest@Sagir@KarenVChin@AlejandraMaria@SandroE@Tula@StephenAbraham@Gabuu@PaulPavlinovich@ShadySalama

28 comments
Level 9

Re: How local guides saved me from police fine?

Very inspirational @Julien44. So happy to hear that you got out of it, thanks to the amazing Local Guides activities!

Sandro
Level 8

I am happy to know that everything is fine now, @Julien44. Your effort and contributions helped in the correct time. I am proud to be in this great community of doing good which in turn helps ourselves too. Thanks for sharing.

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Hey @Julien44!!! I am glad to know that everything is fine for you and your family!! What a wonderful history! Thanks for inspiring us to be better everyday! Miss you my friend! ^_^ 

Gabu
Level 8

Very inspired with your story, dear @Julien44 and very glad that you are fine now with your great family. It was always one of my life principles that doing good stuff to others would give back somehow some day!

Even those little nice words or kind greeting during your normal walk would be appreciated later on.

I’m happy also to knew that your contributions paid off, I’m rest assured that every little edit or photo we do within our community is helping some one. There should be many stories that we are not aware of, that came up after our addition of a place or even a bad rating for another.

To all my colleagues within this great community, keep giving good thing always, keep contributing every day!

Join our Egypt Local Guides Community - https://www.facebook.com/groups/egyptgooglelocalguides/
Connect Moderator

It is very good, @Julien44 that they recognized your ecological spirit and your green soul, and I am happy that #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld helped you in this case. This is important, and can help the waste collection system to be improved.

You cannot imagine the quantity of paper that I had to fill, before our Clean-up action in Jesolo beach, just to inform all the public offices that we was collecting waste, and to receive the permit for letting them near the access points to the beach.

CleanTheWorld2019 will start soon with a new project, to integrate the existing one. Stay tuned for more

I can't wait to meet you again, Jul. What about the European Meet-up 2019 in Ghent, (Belgium)? If you don't know what you missed last year: Wieliczka salt mine - memories of European Meetup '18 - Kraków

Connect Moderator

Wowwww @Julien44. Never heard a story like yours.  Police coming to your house regarding trash put next to your garbage can. Here, where I live, we would definitely get fined because it is quite common for homeowners to fill their cans - trash, recycle, and compost - the brim, especially during the Holidays.  Your local police would be knocking on all my neighbors' doors. 

Did you know, here in the US, during the Holidays we make on average 25% more garbage (Christmas wrapping paper, cooking more for holiday home parties, all those new toys and game cardboard boxes, and, of course, all those Amazon shipping boxes, etc.!)?

Glad I could help with writing my RECAP: Clean the World  - Connect Live 2018 Edition with photos and video of you being a part of it to show proof of your cleaning and recycling activism to your local police.  

Thanks for sharing your story here.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Hi my friends,

I hope you are all doing fine. I seriously miss the time we had all together. It was so great. 

@SandroE, Thanks for your support!

@SalmaanN, Thanks for you kindness. I am also proud to be here and to be your friend! You are welcome ?

Sister @Gabuu, Thanks for your lovely words! I am also missing you and your funny spirit.

@ShadySalama, The most thing I link in this community is its beautiful spirit. Keep it up!

@ermest, Thanks for your continued support. You are always positive and always with brilliant ideas. We are lucky to have you on board ;-). I will have a look at your links and try to follow the great team.

@KarenVChin, Thank you so much for being with us and for your contributions. I forgot to add to my story that I told the police that one of my best friend is policeman in SF. Ah ah ah!

San Francisco policemanSan Francisco policeman

It is time to go to sleep for me, have a nice day or evening from France and see you all around soon.

XXX

Jul

Level 10

Hi @Julien44, please you are safe. Always good to dispose of rubbish the correct way.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Google Moderator

Hi @Julien44,

This is a quite a story! I've never read anything like it so far on Connect!

The best thing is that you got off scot-free and once again the Local Guides program proves its positive influence.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!