AveR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: How is sunrise and sunset in your city?

@MarcoL-Italy nice capture.. love those amazing sky

Level 3

Sunset in Rostock Baltic Sea.

4985FEAC-3700-4EB7-80AA-AE564530CCA0.jpeg

Level 9

Hello all,

Since we live right by the ocean, there are almost endless opportunities to take either sunrise or sunset

pics...but there are practical & other reasons that limit good shots.  These range from having the sky too

clear [thus too much glare], to concerns about either damage to your eye or the camera sensor, to having

such as short day in the winter, that you get out of work when it is dark already.  So with some shots 

there is something that blocks direct sunlight [such as clouds or trees] , so that the sensor [or your eye] can see the background, or surrounding

objects of interest.  Other interesting events include daytime rising of the moon, while the sun is setting on

the opposite horizon.

Anyway, here are some interesting shots which I had to down sample to under 3MB to fit....

Thanks,

Paul:)

Sunrise at Shell BeachSunrise at Shell Beach

Sunset with both Shell Beach & Avila Beach backgroundSunset with both Shell Beach & Avila Beach background

Late Sunset on a hidden cove in Shell BeachLate Sunset on a hidden cove in Shell Beach

Sunset from Shell Beach's Palisades ParkSunset from Shell Beach's Palisades Park

Sunset with Pismo Pier from the Oyster Loft RestaurantSunset with Pismo Pier from the Oyster Loft Restaurant

Sunset @ PismoSunset @ Pismo

Level 9

Amazing @mcroll this is lovely

@mcroll wrote:

Sunset in Rostock Baltic Sea.

4985FEAC-3700-4EB7-80AA-AE564530CCA0.jpeg

Level 9

@Malarik if your place is really as beautifulong as this during sunrise and sunset, am coming to live with u

@MalarikMD wrote:

Hello all,

Since we live right by the ocean, there are almost endless opportunities to take either sunrise or sunset

pics...but there are practical & other reasons that limit good shots.  These range from having the sky too

clear [thus too much glare], to concerns about either damage to your eye or the camera sensor, to having

such as short day in the winter, that you get out of work when it is dark already.  So with some shots 

there is something that blocks direct sunlight [such as clouds or trees] , so that the sensor [or your eye] can see the background, or surrounding

objects of interest.  Other interesting events include daytime rising of the moon, while the sun is setting on

the opposite horizon.

Anyway, here are some interesting shots which I had to down sample to under 3MB to fit....

Thanks,

Paul:)

Sunrise at Shell BeachSunrise at Shell Beach

Sunset with both Shell Beach & Avila Beach backgroundSunset with both Shell Beach & Avila Beach background

Late Sunset on a hidden cove in Shell BeachLate Sunset on a hidden cove in Shell Beach

Sunset from Shell Beach's Palisades ParkSunset from Shell Beach's Palisades Park

Sunset with Pismo Pier from the Oyster Loft RestaurantSunset with Pismo Pier from the Oyster Loft Restaurant

Sunset @ PismoSunset @ Pismo

Level 9

Re: Sunrise over Lami Bay in Fiji

@Ch-Marwen this is so original and beautiful too 

@Ch-Marwen wrote:
Sunset in Teboulba  20170730_183747.jpg

20170730_183806.jpg

20170730_183832.jpg

20170730_183842.jpg

20170730_183857.jpg

20170730_183915.jpg

20170730_183921.jpg

20170730_183950.jpg

Level 9

@Malarik this is educative, good job.

@MalarikMD wrote:

Hello,

While I do love all the glorious pics from one & all.  Please remind people that both the retina of your eye, as well as, the 

camera sensor are prone to damage from the intense light/heat from the sun.  This can also be a problem when viewing

the sun via a viewfinder.  It is far safer to use an indirect way to view while taking a pic..  It is also likely that telephoto lens

or settings can magnify the danger to both eyes & sensors.

Thanks,

Paul

Level 9

@pyerdna lovely view

@AndreyP wrote:

HI @ErmesT

love the duck silhouette  with pretty details on the ripple 🙂

here is a lovely sunset on my way back from work !

taken with iphone 5s

pp with camera+

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-09 at 20.00.34-2.jpeg

Connect Moderator

Thanks for the beautiful set of photos, @Malarik

Today we went to the seaside, in a cold day of winter.

Caption: Sunset on the sea - Photo @ermestCaption: Sunset on the sea - Photo @ermest

I like your Idea of not shooting the sun directly. I love the reflections more

Ermes

Level 9

@ErmesT you are so good at this, thanks for entertaining us with wonderful pics, I almost felt feel it boring in here. But u keep making things OK. Kudos big guy