Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merry Christmas for everyone

20181221_234134_Film4.jpg

------------
Connect Moderator

Re: How is Christmas celebrated in 10 different countries

Dear @JavieraAu, thank you for this interesting post. It is nice to see all the differences, when celebrating this birthday. Christmas is indeed a very important time for my family and me, as I have written in this post: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Festival-of-Love-called-Christmas/m-p/12122...

Beside this do I LOVE to visit Christmas Markets around Germany, Austria, Poland and Swiss. This are places where people come together and celebrate that we are one big community. I have been there with my family, colleguages, friends... and always met new people.

Today we have visited Wangen im Allgäu. https://goo.gl/maps/bTJ2wkrbvAm 

My problem was only, that I wasn't able to use my smartphone, as I has blocked it... So no pictures available.

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kalendarz juliański funkcjonuje w religii prawosławnej. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Betreff: How is Christmas celebrated in 10 different countries

@Mainzer Strojenie choinki w domu to właśnie niemiecki zwyczaj, wyszedł z Niemiec i wszyscy go przyjęliśmy.Pierwotnie ubierano drzewko w lesie, wieszając na nim ulubione jedzenie dla zwierząt. Pozdrawiam

Level 7

@JavieraAu Thanks for sharing the Christmas celebration pattern of ten different countries.All the photos are looking so attractive .Wish you all a very delightful vacation 🙂           

[Fahim]
Level 10

Hi @JavieraAu

Thank you for introducing how to spend a traditional Christmas. Comparison of how to spend by country is very easy to understand💡

181220-181216_R.jpg

Because Christian faith in Japan is about 10%, it is done as a commercial event rather than a traditional event. In the media, the night of the 24th is a date of lovers, but on 25th there are many people who spend with their families. When there is a partner, it is given priority. But the meaning of 25th is not so strong and work will not be off. There are many tree illumination events in Japan, and it is the destination of family and partner.

[DEEP JAPAN] ”SENDAI Pageant of Starlight" in Miyagi

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Level 10

What an informative read. @JavieraAu,

In Kenya, Christmas is marked by a lot of traveling and eating. Some travel to their upcountry homes for the holiday in order to celebrate with grandparents and other relatives who live upcountry. Others go to the Coast for a beach holiday with their families. 

On the day of Christmas, most go to church for mass or service, followed by the food feast thereafter. The food comprises of delicacies such as chapati, pilau (similar to jollof but better), nyama choma (roasted meat), fried chicken and lots of drinks.

Gift exchange is mostly not in our culture apart from kids who might expect new outfits to wear during the holiday. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @JavieraAu

Most popular celebrating festival around the worls it's stunning pics and shining cities making it different and the night of 24 December's is almost in chruch or gethering of families at Grandma's home where all celebrate the Christmas

Thanks for sharing others stories with us X mass treeX mass tree

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zafahim thanks, for you too Merry Chtistmas 😊

Level 10

Merry Christmas To my all Friends ❄️🎄🔔🎅 🦌🎁

merry christmasmerry christmas

It is a time for celebration and gatherings.
I wish that you may spend your time meaningfully
with the people close to your heart.
Have a wonderful and merry Christmas!

Banner Designer @Bishnu_Modhu

Mahabub Hasan