JavieraAu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Nochevieja en Chipre

Hola @Anonymous y bienvenida en Connect.

Voy a fusionar tu publicación al hilo How is Christmas celebrated in 10 different countries donde puedes encontrar más información sobre cómo se celebra la Navidad en distintos países. Desgraciadamente no hay información precisamente sobre Chipre, pero ahí la posibilidad de que alguien te conteste es más grande.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Re: How is Christmas celebrated in 10 different countries

@JavieraAu the pesebre is a tradition that Latinamericans do because the Spanish did before. Remember, we have Spanish roots. 

I don't know what is the origin of the novena, this is my first time do it here in Colombia. In my country, Venezuela, we celebrate "La Paradura del Niño" days after the birth of baby Jesus. People hide the baby in the houses and the other neiborghs search the baby singing and praying. When they find him, people gather in the house where baby was hided and share a meal.

P.D. I made the pesebre of the photo. It was my assigned task in the building where I live.

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram

The pesebre that you have done is wonderful @BeatrizAguilar! And I know that it's a tradition that it comes from Spain and a lot of families in Chile still build their own pesebre. 🙂

Regarding novena and La Paradura de Niño I've heard for the first time and we don't have this tradition, at least my family. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Oh amazing @MashaPS, I did not know about the difference in the calendars. 

This post is amazing! Thanks for sharing everyone!

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

Thanks @GeorgesHR,

I am glad you enjoyed our Christmas post.

By the way, there are quite a few countries that are celebrating Christmas Holidays as per Julian Calendar. You can probably guess that some of them are East European. But I'm pretty sure you'll be surprised that Egypt and Ethiopia are part of this tradition.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

@JavieraAu both countries, Venezuela and Colombia, have deep cathocalic beliefs and traditions; the most commons are "misas de aguinaldos", celebrate early in the morning (at 4:30 a.m from December 15 to 23); misa de gallo (before the birth or baby Jesus on december 24th); who brings the gifts to children is the "niño Jesús" (not Santa) and the Three Wise Men (Melchor, Gaspar y Baltazar) bring presents on january 6th. 

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Google Editor

This is such a fascinating read! While each country has its own traditions, you can see a lot of similarities in each. Another reminder that we're more alike than we are different. 

My family is Albanian, but we live in the U.S. Here, we put up the Christmas tree weeks in advance. Some even put it up the day after Thanksgiving, so I found it super interesting that so many cultures put it up during Christmas Eve!  On Christmas Day, extended relatives stop by as many family members' houses as possible for meze, a selection of small dishes that usually includes things like cured meats, cheeses, olives, pickles, peppers, and more. The women in my family often stay home to treat the guests who come by while the men travel from house to house. It's a nice way to see so much family at once! 

Level 7

Betreff: How is Christmas celebrated in 10 different countries

Was ist denn das für eine schlechte Recherche für Deutschland? Da bin ich richtig geschockt. Kommt Dir bei den Weihnachtsmärkten nur der Kommerz in den Sinn? Essen und  Trinken? Da fällt mir nichts mehr ein. Für wie dekadent hälst du die deutsche Bevölkerung? Das wesentliche an den Weihnachtsmärkten sind die Kunstwerke die dort verkauft werden nur zum Beispiel. Ansonsten ist ein nicht unwesentlicher Teil der Bevölkerung nicht christlichen Glaubens. Es gehört bei vielen Familien zum guten Ton Alleinstehende zu sich einzuladen.

Es wäre besser den gesamten deutschen Teil zu streichen, da er komplett neben der Kultur und dem Kulturgut steht. Insbesondere verfälscht er absolut wie hier traditionell Weihnachten gefeiert wird. Wir sind doch hier nicht bei Facebook wo Fakes verbreitet werden sollen. Du reduzierst das deutsche Weihnachtsfest rein auf eine Ess- und Trink Orgie. Für die ältere Generation ist die Vorweihnachtszeit eine der 4 Fastenzeiten im Jahr. 40 Tage strenges Fasten. Das kannst Du jeden katholischen Priester fragen. Bitte streiche den deutschen Part und nimm ein anderes Land. Es interessiert nicht was das Ausland denkt oder ein kleiner Teil der Bevölkerung, die zu den Weihnachtsmärkten gehen. Im Moment geht mir gerade die Hutschnur hoch.

Level 9

Christmas tree in my homeChristmas tree in my home

IMG_20181213_201011.jpg

IMG_20181213_201109.jpg

These are the pictures of my home Christmas  @JavieraAu wonderful post I loved it ,any way advance HAPPY AND MEERY CHRISTMAS for you All local guides....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Christmas in the city

Retro Bistro lovers..Retro Bistro lovers..