Bill_Banks's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How does one fix a known map marker that has been incorrectly 'Not applied'?

I applied for an edit to a map marker. It was incorrectly not applied. I and apparently a hundred other Local guides need to know how to move forward with such a correction without having to scan through hundreds of pages of useless help suggestions from others just as unfamiliar as I am. This post should be in a help desk forum but I could not even figure out how to do that apparently correctly. Someone form Google please look into this.

Business: Riverside repair

Address: 1135 Somers Point-Mays Landing Rd, Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey 08234

Actual Coordinates: 39°23'10.6"N 74°43'04.3"W

Current location of maker is in a wrong municipality.

@Anonymous - The idea of connecting with someone from Google to have an issues solved is so difficult. Please provide us with clear up to date pages of information that does not put us in an endless loop of misinformation... and please help us with this specific issue.

2 comments
Level 9

Re: How does one fix a known map marker that has been incorrectly 'Not applied'?

Hello @Bill_Banks ,

It looks like you want to help a business for its location. You are referring to this business and this is a claimed business and the owner can move location using GMB app or online platform. Please reach the business owner and ask him/her to edit it self. 

Good day.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How does one fix a known map marker that has been incorrectly 'Not applied'?

Hello @Bill_Banks !

Thank you so much for your feedback!

@deepakjhic's advice is correct. The best way for businesses to update their information on maps is through the GMB dashboard.

Having a verified GMB listing, and having the business owner to update it through the GMB dashboard, helps the Maps team to understand that the update comes from the owner, which makes the process of verifying the request easier and faster.

Best,

Nayara