EliottR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How do you capture your summer road trips?

This summer I had the opportunity to take my family on a road trip. Not just any road trip, mind you- we're talking nearly 4,000 miles from Arizona up the California coast into Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Nevada. One. Big. Loop. To be honest, I was excited for the trip itself, but I was also excited to expand my Local Guides contributions!!

With four kids. I'll admit, I was a bit nervous about everyone (myself included) feeling a bit cramped and road-weary, as this was bigger than any road trip we've been on before. In the end, it was a HUGE success, primarily because of our attitudes. We needed to treat this trip differently than a trip where we have a single destination. We needed to treat this trip as though the trip itself WAS the destination, because it was. Amazing beach views for hours along the coast. Foggy, mysterious views through the Redwoods. Beautiful mountain vistas through Oregon and Washington. Endless forest views of Montana and Northern Idaho. It was truly fantastic, and many pictures were taken.

But it made me wonder- does anyone have a system for how they both take their pictures and post them as a Local Guide contribution? Do you take regular pics from the car, or do you pull over at scenic view points? Are any of you providing reviews of remote areas without a business? Is there merit to posting our own pictures, even though street view cars have captured much of the main road views?

What are your thoughts?

Montana.jpg

1 comment
Level 10

Re: How do you capture your summer road trips?

Hi @EliottR my only advice is to focus on quality, not on quantity.

Choose the best places, and businesses, and let others discover!

I will be in the area in september, so I will listen to your advice!