WaseemC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

How do i add a monument to Google Maps?

Hi everyone, 

I am relatively new here and need you help. There is a popular monument in my locality but someone has registered it with a business name and also given wrong data about it. Actually he listed his company details there. Now when I try to fix it, in the category I can see only business categories and no category for a monument. please guide me about this matter. 

Thanks

Merewether Clock Tower, I.I Chundrigar Road, Karachi, Pakistan
21 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: How do i add a monument to Google Maps?

Hi @WaseemC,

The category for monument is missing in Mobile Maps.  You can use Desktop Maps which it is available.

On mobile, I will choose Historic site or tourist attraction.

I will  use the best fit available.

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Hi @WaseemC,

The category for monument is missing in Mobile Maps.  You can use Desktop Maps which it is available.

Level 8

My desktop maps has no "Monument" option.
Just "Monument maker". Which is ridiculous.

How is it possible?

Get your act together, Google!!!

Level 9
Level 9

@YK1001 wrote:

I'm sorry Sampson, but using 'the best fit available' is not good mapping and LGs shouldn't be encouraged to do so. 

Level 8

@PhilipF wrote:

@YK1001 wrote:

I'm sorry Sampson, but using 'the best fit available' is not good mapping and LGs shouldn't be encouraged to do so. 

Completely agree. Too bad my mapping experience with google is rife with bugs and workarounds.
Mapping with google has none of the flawlessness and polish we're accustomed to when dealing with a google product.

Again, get your act together google.

Level 8

Sampsons' advice has been almost accurate. Monuments belong to Historical Landmarks (rather not to Historical Places) or Tourist Attractions, depending on their nature.

Level 5

• I have run into issues too 😁  I try to remember that I'm using a beta version. Probably,  by summer, the issues and bugs will be worked out. 

Pretty fun system even in beta, must be a challenge for the design /programers to get it perfect. 

Level 8

@ParkerD wrote:
  • I have run into issues too 😁  I try to remember that I'm using a beta version. Probably,  by summer, the issues and bugs will be worked out. 

Pretty fun system even in beta, must be a challenge for the design /programers to get it perfect. 

I see no "beta"... even though i agree that's the quality level of this unfinished product.

I seriously wonder why they decided to retire instead of correcting a semiprofessional tool like MapMaker.

Level 8

did you see the new editor? the old one already cannot be updated to current needs of new Maps software, even now it has been causing certain issues. it showed to be easier to make a completely new editor than constantly fixing bugs of the old one. see that the old MapMaker was designed to work with old Maps and it was a miracle that it managed to work with new ones. the main difference is in the dynamic graphical environment which is completely unable to be applied to the current MapMaker

Level 8

New editor? Where is it?