WaseemC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: How do i add a monument to Google Maps?

only RLs + LG-5 (together) could test the new version of mapping editor - a year ago. however, we don't know if this editor is the one mentioned by Google, or they have another one prepared, because the mentioned one was a standalone application while the announced one should be a part of Maps. so it's still a mystery to us for now ...

@StefanoL wrote:

New editor? Where is it?

Level 8

In my opinion until having a better catagory I think Historical Landmark works fine. 

Level 9

@AnuradhaP @UpulW can you check this. I can remember once you asked this question while on map editing.

Level 6

Tks

Level 9

Hi Local Guides,

We all Nepal Local Guides would like to propose that we celebrate Month of September as an "International Month of Monuments" here in world wide Local Guides Community.  Please join in the discussion here

Monuments are not only architectures, idols, temples, bridges, old buildings, and masterpieces of hard work and craftsmanship but also the milestones down the road of the development of Human Race as a whole. 

Our monuments tell us what we are and tell great stories about our forefathers and inspire us to achieve more.  

Let's bring back the spotlight on these hotspots.

Here's what we do :

• We organize a photo walk in an area where monuments are plenty.
  • Add missing notable monuments in Google Maps.
  • Add pictures/videos/360s of Monuments in the respective listings in the Google Maps

Wikimedia Community is also celebrating this month of September as a photography competition  Wiki Loves Monuments in 45 countries all over the world. In Nepal, Local Guides community and Wikimedia Communities are working together on this.

Bhaktapur Durbar Square and Renovation work still on going post Earthquake.

Bhaktapur Durbar ComplexBhaktapur Durbar ComplexPagoda and Shikhara architectural templesPagoda and Shikhara architectural temples

Level 7

I think historical landmark and tourist attraction are two different things to compare to monument. Also, I think there must be statue category. CMIIW.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @ROSukoco,

Thanks for your feedback. I just want to let you know that you can always suggest your ideas in our Idea Exchange section of the community.

Idea Exchange is a place for Local Guides to share their ideas for Google Maps, Connect, perks, and more. Please feel free to check out this useful article on how to use it.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Thank you 🙂

Level 8

Unavailable catagories

I was trying to add the category 'Monument' to a monument. But i was surprised to see that this category is not available. Then i checked if this category is unavailable to all or just to me, and found some other monuments does have this category in the descriptions. 

I faced this problem in many cases, since the beginning of my local guide contributions. At that time i thought, maybe these categories will be available when i get to other levels. But even at Level 8, i can't  find the category 'Monument' and many more. 

Can anyone tell me why some the categories are not being  available to me? Does this availability  differs from person to person, or does it depends on something else?

Google Moderator

Re: Unavailable catagories

Hello @tanzilbd,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please keep in mind you have the option to add a monument but it depends what device you are using.

You will find your answer in this topic How do i add a monument to Google Maps?. I will move your post there.

For more information you can check this article as well How do I add a place to Google Maps?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!