GeorgeD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

How do I stop Guide/Maps from using my phones notifications to prompt me to do guide stuff?

I prefer that my phones notifications be used for important stuff, not because the guide program doesn't think I'm active enough. Is there a way to lock it to email notifications only?
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 5
Solution

Re: How do I stop Guide/Maps from using my phones notifications to prompt me to do guide stuff?

Yes there is. What phone do you have and what version of Android are you running?

Edit:

Depending on the version of Android, you should be able to navigate to your Settings > Notifications > Google Maps > Block All Notifications. This is a good way to block any other apps that are sending you notifications as well.

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

Level 5
Solution

Re: How do I stop Guide/Maps from using my phones notifications to prompt me to do guide stuff?

Yes there is. What phone do you have and what version of Android are you running?

Edit:

Depending on the version of Android, you should be able to navigate to your Settings > Notifications > Google Maps > Block All Notifications. This is a good way to block any other apps that are sending you notifications as well.

Have a great day!
Level 7

Hey George,

I believe you're looking for this article?

It explains how to turn of push notifications.

~Jasper

Level 2

Thank you. I didn't think of trying that.
Level 2

Thank you!