Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

How do I report a problem on Google Maps?

Sometimes you may find information on Google Maps that is incorrect or missing. We covered how to add a place to Google Maps already so here we will describe how to report a problem or suggest an edit to a place or a road in Google Maps. As always, you can find the most up to date information in our Help Center

To suggest an edit to a place on Google Maps:

1. Open the Google Maps
  2. Search for a place or tap it on the map.
  3. Scroll down and select Suggest an edit.
  4. Follow the instructions.
  5. Tap Send

Place page for Chelsea MarketPlace page for Chelsea Market  Suggest an Edit for Chelsea MarketSuggest an Edit for Chelsea Market  Suggest an Edit for Chelsea MarketSuggest an Edit for Chelsea Market

Note: If someone submits an edit for a place, you might see the edit. If you’re familiar with the place, tell us if the edit is right or wrong by tapping on the suggested edit. Your feedback will help Google Maps decide if the place's information should be changed.

You can also report a problem with a place or a road segment on Google Maps through the left hand navigation (or "hamburger menu") panel.

1. Tap the three parallel lines in the top left of the search window to open the panel.
  2. Scroll down to "Send Feedback." Tapping this will open a menu with multiple options: Edit the map, Add a missing place, Report missing road, Send app feedback, and Report location issues.
  3. Tapping "Edit the map" will open up a map view where you can select a place or a road segment.
  4. Select what you would like to edit and tap "Next," then suggest any changes that need to be made and hit "Submit."                                                  

Left hand panel in Google MapsLeft hand panel in Google Maps   "Send feedback" takes you here"Send feedback" takes you here   Select a place or a road segmentSelect a place or a road segment   Send feedback about a road segmentSend feedback about a road segment

If you are a business owner, please claim your business on Google Maps and use Google My Business to manage your listing’s information for free.

4 comments
Level 8

Re: How do I report a problem on Google Maps?

Hi @Corrie

Thank you for the tips.

Cheers

Level 5

Thank you for shrae.
Level 6

Innovation District Starbucks in MicrosoftInnovation District Starbucks in Microsoft

Great post. Picture perfect. Much love.

Saw pics in profile. Made an edit. Success!

Level 8

How do I add an alternate way of actually getting to a business?

Specifically Audi Downtown Toronto can be accessed via Bayview OR Labatt ave