FelixFelicis's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How do I post Anonymous Reviews?

I'd like to be honest in my reviews without being tracked and targeted by companies and places.

Its concerning to me.
Besides I don't like notifications with my name being sent around to local businesses.
How do I change my settings so that a 1 or 2 star review, for example, show "Anonymous" instead of my profile. 

31 comments
Level 10

Re: How do I post Anonymous Reviews?

You cannot. If you are not comfortable in leaving bad reviews, when you need to, don't do that. 😉

Sorry for the rude reply, but this is really a strange question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

<REDACTED>

Level 2

Ok i understand how you feel but it doesnt matter if they message you if you felt you gave and honest review and it wasnt a good review its the companies job to improve so they get more costumers we are here to provide honest answer if companys get a bad review but that diesnt concern you for being honest dont let them get to you.

@LucioV wrote:

You cannot. If you are not comfortable in leaving bad reviews, when you need to, don't do that. 😉

@LucioV wrote:

Level 8

@RomainM wrote:

I understand the need for anonymous reviews.
I left a honest bad review and I was called on my cellphone by the manager who must have found me in its customer file.
I take responsibiliy for my reviews but this kind of behavior is annoying.

You should expect feedback from the business in question.

If you had a bad experience with them and left a negative comment, they will enquire in order to correct the problem if needed.

So many comments are left for spite and egotistical reasons. Some reviewers are frustrated because they think they deserve special attention, not because the service is bad.

Anonymous
Not applicable

<REDACTED>

Level 7

Exactly, I'm afraid of getting targeted.
It's happened twice already. 

Level 8

RomainM wrote:

I should definitely not expect feedback as I did not allow them to use my phone number.

They had to look for my number in their files knowing my name. And they also know where I live (internet service provider).

Don't overdramatize the situation.

If they have your name on file, they can contact you for anything (Surveys, telemarketing) including getting more infos on a review of yours.

I agree it would be creepier if they tracked you down without having you as a subscribed customer... but this is not the case.

If it bothers you that much, better not leave any review at all.

Anonymous reviews will never happen for local guides. The whole purpose of the program is to have trustworthy comments from reliable persons. Not anonymous smucks trolling and flaming businesses for fun.

You're probably not one of those trolls, but to accept anonymity is licence to abuse.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Point and rank system for Local Guide

<REDACTED>

Level 8

I'd hope that it would never be possible to leave anonymous reviews on Google Maps. Anyone who's looked in the comments section of any website knows that people can turn into horrible human beings when their anonymised on the internet. Customers should feel comfortable leaving negative, constructive reviews, but if Maps users could post anonymously, the system would be far more open to abuse from competitors, disgruntled employees, or anyone else.

Knowing that your name (or some variation of it) is going to appear next to a review encourages users to be more honest, more detailed and more helpful in their reviews.

If a business somehow manages to contact you about a negative review you've left and you don't want to discuss it with them, I would suggest that you

a) Tell them you never gave them permission to use your customer information for that purpose

b) Inform them that they may leave a public reply to your review through Google My Business if they wish to retort

c) If they are unpleasant/offensive/aggressive, update your review to mention this. It's valid to comment on any aspect of your customer experience, including follow-ups to a review you left.