backy0175L's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

How do I get email notification for new post?

Hi,
My email notification settings on "My Settings - Nofitication Settings" are "Use default(Immediately)". But I couldn't have any email notification for new post. How do I get email notification for new post?

Thank you for advance.
backy0175

backy0175 from Kyoto, Japan
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: How do I get email notification for new post?

Hi @backy0175L,

You will got email based on your Subscription.

When you start a topic, reply to a existing topic, you will be Subscribed to those topics by default - which can be overrided in My Settings.

If you want to get email for new Topics, then you need to do a "Board Level Subscription" manually.

For example, go to "Ho do I...?" board.  On the Board Navigation Bar, click on the "..." on the right hand side, choose Subscribe.

You can monitor the boards you want in similar fashion.

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Hi @backy0175L,

You will got email based on your Subscription.

When you start a topic, reply to a existing topic, you will be Subscribed to those topics by default - which can be overrided in My Settings.

If you want to get email for new Topics, then you need to do a "Board Level Subscription" manually.

For example, go to "Ho do I...?" board.  On the Board Navigation Bar, click on the "..." on the right hand side, choose Subscribe.

You can monitor the boards you want in similar fashion.

Connect Moderator

From what I understand, the option you described above basically makes the option to get email when someone replies a default (by default it's checked). So you have to uncheck the box not to get notification, rather than  having to check the box to get notification (by default).

lg_notif.PNG

If you're asking for email notification for all new posts created in LG Connect, I don't believe the feature is available yet.  

Level 10

@YK1001, Thank you very much.

> click on the "..." on the right hand side, choose Subscribe.

YES!!! That's it. I couldn't notice such modest "..." button.

Thanks again.

backy0175

backy0175 from Kyoto, Japan
Level 8

@backy0175L,

If the make the menu more like in Mobile - three lines top down or three dots top down, it will be more noticeable to more mobile users.