anishtkuriakose's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How do I add an entire locality?

Hi folks,

The locality where I live in, is not put up on the Map. I'd like to mark an entire area and add that to the map. Is that possible?

Actually, this has to be updated in Goa, India. The government of Goa develops certain plots of land and creates a housing colony, as in, they provide roads and water supply for the area and sell the plots to the local public. Now, I don't know the exact demarcation of this plot, however, I can at least mark the areas that I know are part of the housing colony. I want to do this because my home is located near this. And, I'm unable to mark my house because, my home address includes this housing colony. Since my house is not plotted on the map, it gives me the wrong info when it shows driving directions. This is so inconvenient.

Cheers.
-- ATK
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: How do I add an entire locality?

@anishtkuriakose Hi

Welcome to Connect & Thanks for Your Post...  

We can't add an entire area Like as Village, Colony or city... 

Only Google can add these... 

But u may send a Feedback Report to Google team to add this area....

Otherwise  u are able to mark your Home On mapes By using Your palace Label... to easily find your Home or Office...  

My placesMy places

View solution in original post

Level 5

Yes it is quite possible. Just tap add to map option

@AnishK wrote:

Hi folks,

The locality where I live is not put up on the Map. I'd like to mark an entire area and add that to the map. Is that possible?

Actually, this has to be updated in Goa, India. The government of Goa develops certain plots of land and create a housing colony, as in, they provide roads and water supply for the area and sell the plots to the local public. Now, I don't know the exact demarcation of this plot, however, I can at least mark the areas that I know are part of the housing colony. I want to do this because my home is located near this. And, I'm unable to mark my house because, my home address includes this housing colony. Since my house is not potted on the map, it gives me the wrong info when it shows driving directions. This is so inconvenient.

Connect Moderator
Solution

@anishtkuriakose Hi

Welcome to Connect & Thanks for Your Post...  

We can't add an entire area Like as Village, Colony or city... 

Only Google can add these... 

But u may send a Feedback Report to Google team to add this area....

Otherwise  u are able to mark your Home On mapes By using Your palace Label... to easily find your Home or Office...  

My placesMy places

Level 7

Thank you so much for your answer @ShafiulB. This is all I wanted to know. The problem is that I'm not able add my Home label. It says, please enter proper address 😞

Cheers.
-- ATK
Connect Moderator

@anishtkuriakose Thanks for your feedback... 

For your next problem.. plz give me a Screenshot of that status.... 

Level 2

You can't add an entire area,only Google Administrator can add.
You may send a Feedback Report to Google team to add this area

Level 2

Yes.  Google Maps only seems to work well with linear address systems, such as street name and number.

Unfortunately, many places (such as Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and the little place called Japan) use landmark-and-direction systems, such as "two blocks west and one block north of Enel", where "Enel" is the former location of the local telephone office (which has a visible tower).

Then there are places like Taos, New Mexico, USA, where individual families assign house numbers -- so they are often not in sequence. This means that nearly every house on some roads has to be individually numbered from the satellite photo (which I have done for my own neighborhood).