KimLong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

How custom map is useful beyond travel and navigation

Custom map by Google Maps allows you to create your own map and share for public or private use. Maybe you have special need that map does not cover it fully like building navigation route on water route, building a trekking route in the jungle to guide travelers or for national park rangers, creating travel guide map… But for me I found another unexpected use of custom map that help me and my sales team plan for sales call to customer’s business every day. A little background about my job, I work in tourism industry in Siem Reap City which is a popular destination to visit ancient temples of Angkor. Our customers are businesses like hotels and travel agencies. We have almost one thousand of them on the list. Every day we need to do sales call to those businesses and we need to visit them all at least once a month. With that number on the list, it is easy to forget customer or skip them without realizing. So my solution to that is building custom map of those businesses. This way my team can plan calls based on the route and we can also put note for each business right on the map and it can be viewed and collaborate by the whole team. The custom map is also useful for training new team members. I hope this post help you or if you have any other use of custom map, please share with me too.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
3 comments
Level 10

Re: How custom map is useful beyond travel and navigation

@KimLong Thanks for sharing this. It is certainly very useful for me also, and I continue to use custom My Maps for personal and work needs. Also today, some of the more social and shareable content I have also ported to Shared Save Lists to make it easier for others to discover it as well. Both My Maps and Shared Save Lists are really useful to me. I hope to see some great lists about attractions there as well. 🙂

Level 9

Yeah, it's a great feature/tool for my work too. Thank for sharing this bro @KimLong.

Level 9

Hello @KimLong custom map is very useful for our public or private use..And  places we can save into our saved lists others may can see...