Luki's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

How can I add movie to review?

Hi all!

I saw there are points for us for adding movie with review but I don't see this kind of option. In my Google Maps App I can add only photos. Any advice? 🙂

Best regards from Gdynia in Poland

Lukasz

4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: How can I add movie to review?

Hello @Luki, I'd add to what @Csaba have said and mention that the video feature is currently available on Google Maps for Android only. Read more about the video feature here, and if you have a question, shoot! 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @Luki

You are right that there is no special "menu item" for videos. However use the add photo function and you can add a video. If you have not shot the video yet, select your camera and hold the trigger button for no more than 10 seconds to record a short video. If you have prepared your video already, you can select it from the "add photo" option just like a photo (and as far as I know, in this case, you can attach a video up to 30 seconds").

Solution

Hello @Luki, I'd add to what @Csaba have said and mention that the video feature is currently available on Google Maps for Android only. Read more about the video feature here, and if you have a question, shoot! 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 3

Thanks @JeslynL and also @Csaba - I use iOS so I have to wait for this feature for my OS. Do you have any information when there will be an update for iOS with movie feature?

Best regards,
Lukasz

No information that we can share yet, @Luki, but rest assured Local Guides would be the first to know, via email or here on Connect. Stay tuned!