LawrenceNYC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

How are you celebrating the 2018 games?

Caption: Pyrotechnics in PyeongChang Olympic Stadium. Photo by Local Guide Hokyu RyuCaption: Pyrotechnics in PyeongChang Olympic Stadium. Photo by Local Guide Hokyu Ryu

Local Guides, are you excited for the upcoming games? The whole world is watching Pyeongchang, South Korea today as nearly 3,000 top athletes from 92 countries prepare to compete in more than 100 events.

The Google Earth team is celebrating the global gathering with a bunch of fun features. You can follow the torch’s journey, or see some of the host country’s incredible sights in fun guides to Pyeongchang, Seoul, Gangeung, and Jeongsun.

You’ll also find collections of the world’s most iconic sports stadiums, heart-stopping ski jumps, and twisty bobsleigh tracks — plus Local Guides’ favorite outdoor ice rinks!

Are you getting together with friends to watch? Which sport are you most excited to see? Ski jumping? Biathlon? Curling? If it’s hard to catch the games on TV where you are, you should definitely keep an eye on the Olympic Channel on YouTube, which will feature highlights from now until the games end on February 25.

5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How are you celebrating the 2018 games?

Well right now I'm sitting on the couch moderating Connect and helping people while I watch the games on TV @LawrenceNYC 🙂

Regards Paul

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Well right now I'm sitting on the couch moderating Connect and helping people...

Same here, @LawrenceNYC 🙂

Except that I do not have a TV and therefore do not watch the games. I'll occasionally watch something interesting on the internet when it comes to it.

Connect Moderator

This might be geoblocked @Csaba but you can watch our coverage on the interweb https://7plus.com.au/live-tv?channel-id=Seven

Level 10

Thanks, @PaulPavlinovich. Doesn't seem to be blocked but it's so slow from here (and finally they are experiencing some technical issues...) that I cannot really watch too much on it. Don't worry, if there is anything interesting for me, I'll find my way to see it. 😉 

Level 8

We also Celebrate by watching TV Sir @LawrenceNYC 🙂 Kudo