Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you celebrating Mountain Day, a national holiday in Japan?

11th August is a Japanese national holiday called "Mountain Day"(山の日; Similar pronunciation is "year-man-no-hit")  A lot of people in Japan are climbing, trekking, running and enjoying their favorite mountain. For many, staying in the mountain helps to improve helth, strengthen our lower body, and relieve stress. Because there are beautiful air and water in the mountains, full of nature!!

Caption; Observatory of Mt.Imori, reopen after renovating the deck at the first 山の日 in 2016Caption; Observatory of Mt.Imori, reopen after renovating the deck at the first 山の日 in 2016

山の日,Mountain day is new one in Japan. It's started since 2016.08.11. On that day,I visited the obseravtory on the top of Mt.Imori. The celemony was held to celebrate both the first Mountain Day and reopen after renovating the deck.

Street View

The best season to visit Mt.Imori is basically spring(full blooms of cherry). I also like to see the autumn color's landscape from there.

MyMap

Caption; Screenshots, MyMap of Mt.Imori Hiking Routes

You'll find many hiking routes from the nearest railway station in MyMap as above.

And,there are a plenty of beautiful and remarkable mountains in the Ikoma Mountain Range, we call them "生駒七山; Ikoma 7 Mountains" You can check it out with the list of 生駒七山.(Link)

As you know well, Lists of Places is Google Maps' best recommended feature. What's your favorite mountain to relieve stress? Tell me in the comments below and be sure to make MyMap and List on Google Maps, too!

日本、大阪府大東市北条(大字) 飯盛山
13 comments
Level 10

Re: How are you celebrating Mountain Day, a national holiday in Japan?

Hi @Anonymous

Wonderful post about Mountain Day and how it is celebrated in Japan. Nice photos.

Happy Mountain Day !!

Vijay Desai.

Level 10

Thanks @Anonymous! For me everyday is mountain day! 🙂

But I'm going to celebrate it the next weekend!

Level 10

Great post and so amazing photos @Anonymous
Keep up to share the beautiful photos and informative posts.
Thank you for sharing
Please read " Damavand Mount "

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 10

@Anonymous 

beautiful event and initiative with interactive maps described and kiosks along the routes, in Italy we do not have a party fixed so in August and dedicated to the mountain would be to promote would increase business and cultural knowledge as well as sports activities in the areas concerned.

@LucioV what do you think about it?

Level 10

@Gio51x wrote:

@Anonymous 

beautiful event and initiative with interactive maps described and kiosks along the routes, in Italy we do not have a party fixed so in August and dedicated to the mountain would be to promote would increase business and cultural knowledge as well as sports activities in the areas concerned.

@LucioV what do you think about it?

I will move to Dolomites in three days... and I will show you as many great pics I can! 🙂

Level 10

thank you   @LucioV  and happy holidays 

Google Moderator

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful holiday with us! It's great how you celebrate both the sea and the mountain in Japan. 🙂

I used to go trekking from time to time when I was living in Japan, and one of my fondest memories is from Mt. Takao (close to Tokyo). What I love about this place is not only the nature, but also the many statues of forest spirits and the different shrines and temples you pass through on your way to the top. 

Next time I go to Japan, I'm going to climb Mt. Fuji and follow your itinerary of Mt. Imori! I really like how detailed it is.

About how I'm going to spend this year's Mountain Day, I'm planing to go to a mountain nearby my city, called Vitosha, and enjoy the Perseid meteor shower from the top. 🙂

P.S. Have you climbed Mt. Fuji?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, all the inspiring Local Guides!  Thanks a lot for your replying and comments.

Pic.1

Caption; 2018.08.11 Mountain Day Mt.Imori Observatory

I visited the Mt.Imori area again on 11th.Aug 2018. It took almost one hour to get to the observatory on the top of Mt.Imori from Shijo Nawate railway Station. A lot of people(from children to senior citizens) can enjoy hiking and trekking there.

Pic.2

Caption; The Shijo Nawate shirine temple, at the stone gate

Before entering the hiking route, I visited the Shijo Nawate shrine temple to pray for climbers' safety and peace of mind.

Pic.3

Caption; Landscape from the deck of observatory

Unfortunately, it was cloudy on the day here in Osaka. We couldn't see Akashi Kaikyo Bridge(a suspension bridge, which links the city of Kobe) 

Mt.Imori is not high(314m) but there used to be the large moutain caslte from 1334 to 1576. It is also the valuable and historical place now.

As mentioned @DeniGu, Mt.Takao is one the most popular mountain in Tokyo. And 富士山(Mt.Fuji) is the highest in Japan. I think it is difficult for the short-term tourists to conquer the top of Mt.Fuji. Lots of reasons...as you guess. **Actually, I've never been there.

Not to worry! There are hundreds of Mt.Fuji in this country, they are usually called Mt. [local or region name] Fuji.(Ex. 有馬富士, Mt.Arima Fuji)

Caption; 360 view from the top of Mt.Shiwaku Fuji(Otoyama) Hiroshima island, Kagawa prefecture.

王頭山(Otoyama) is very famous for the name of Mt.Shiwaku Fuji(しわく富士). Shiwaku is the ancient name that means a part of Seto inland sea.

There weren't even 1 meter of Street View images around the island. Now, not only you can see the Mt. Shiwaku Fuji from every coastline, but also you can check the hiking route and view the port of Enoura from the top, as the result of our Blue Lines project

BTW, I also found 富士山 in Italy. Mt.Etna in South Italia can be called イタリア富士(Mt.Italy Fuji)?

How do you think, @Gio51x@LucioV@Rezgar@VijayDesai?

Viva! Street View.

Toyo

Level 10

Dear @Anonymous

Nice photos and wonderful to know about Mountain Day and hiking.

Vijay Desai