AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

How are you celebrating International Yoga Day?

June 21 is International Yoga Day! Today, people all over the world are taking the time to roll out their mats and practice their poses. For many, yoga helps to increase strength, encourage mindfulness, and relieve stress. Because there are so many different styles, anyone can start practicing yoga  regardless of your fitness level.

Caption: A photo of a group of people practicing yoga in a yoga studio. (Getty Images)Caption: A photo of a group of people practicing yoga in a yoga studio. (Getty Images)

Thanks to thoughtful reviews from Local Guides like you, we’ve created an interactive list of beautiful outdoor yoga spots on Google Earth Voyager. The list features contributions from LGs and includes gorgeous locations in Chennai, Berlin, Valencia, and more.

Want to help other people find the best places to do yoga in their area? Write a review on Google Maps of your favorite place to practice. Whether it’s a studio or an outdoor space, be sure to give a detailed account of what you think makes it great.

We know our community is filled with yoga-loving Local Guides, so we want to know, how are you celebrating? Are you visiting your favorite yoga studio? Will you take place in a group session at a local park? Did your favorite place make it on the Google Earth Voyager list? Tell us in the comments below!

35 comments
Level 5

Re: International Day of Yoga

Día del Yoga Cartagena EspañaDía del Yoga Cartagena EspañaBella estampa ver a tantas personas practicando Yoga.

Aquí en Cartagena fuímos menos, pero pusimos nuestro granito de arena.

Saludos a todos los practicantes de Yoga del Mundo.

CYA

Level 10

International Yoga Day.

Are you aware 21st June is the longest day in northern hemisphere and the same day is celebrated as INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY.

And it is also known as Summer Solstice or Midsummer.

Since the year 2015, 21st June is celebrated as the International Yoga Day. This idea was a brainchild of the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, which the United Nations General Assembly completely supported and declared officially.

Interestingly,  it is also celebrated as Guru Recognition Day(a day when students, disciples honor and thank their teachers, mentors for all their guidance and teachings) in India, because according to ancient scriptures the Adi Yogi (the first Yogi - person who practices Yoga) assumed the role of Adi Guru (the first teacher) and imparted his disciples with the knowledge of Yoga. The disciples then spread this knowledge around the world. So it makes a lot of sense to commerate this day by motivating more and more people to learn Yoga for their own well being.

All of us should join in to this and reap the benefits of Yoga which are not just physically relevant but also impacts the mental and spiritual health of a person. And healthy person are helpful in nature, like LGs helping others by contributing through Google Maps.

Wishing all of a you Happy International Yoga Day!

Level 9

International Yoga Day Celebration 2018.

Share your thoughts about Yoga.Share your thoughts about Yoga.

Hi Everyone,

Today is the international Yoga Day. It has been started celebrate by 2015. Since India celebrates it in a very good way. 

The Maharishi Patanjali is the 'father of Yoga' who compiled 195 Yoga Sutras that became the foundation of Yoga philosophy.

The United Nations General Assembly Decelred 21 June as the annual yoga day by 2015.

It is celebrated by aware the people about yoga and by doing practice it. 

Today there is a big camp of yoga in my city the Yoga guru in india Baba Ramdev has came to my city and he is spreading the benefits and advantages of yoga. The campaign is starting at morning 4:00 AM . On R.A.C. Police Ground , Shivpuri , Kota Rajasthan. I'm also joining the event by morning. And the CM of State Rajasthan Ms. Vasundhara Raje is also joining ar morning. And there are lots of people joining us.

After yoga day I will definitely share you my experience and celebration .

Please do share your thoughts on the International Yoga Day. And share where and how do you celebrating it. 

Share with everyone tag everyone in LG Connect.

Regards

Ravindranath Sawane

India
Level 8

Re: How are you celebrating International Yoga Day?

Hi @AriMar.

Thanks for your informative post. I am glad to know that yoga spots list which features contributions from Local Guides from Chennai made it to Google Earth Voyager. I will check for my favorite yoga spots and share soon. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 10

@AriMar

Thanks for informative post about international yoga day on 21st june celebrated all over the world.

BM63
Level 9

I didn´t know it was today. Must try to capture a panorama during my next yoga class.

Desde las regiones subtropicales de México
Level 10

Thanks for sharing the information.

KFUPM, Technology Transfer Executive
Google Editor

@FelipeGonzalez Would love to see it if you do! 

Connect Moderator

@SalmaanN Bhai... where do you hide?

looking forward to see your pictures of yoga.

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve