Timberwolf's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How are photos for Google Earth chosen?

When you use Google Earth, (not in the Google Maps in the browser) how are the images that already have been picked, what criteria was used?
Add to that another question, does it make any difference if you upload images under a review vs just adding pictures without a review? That question is also in relationship to my first question, in regards to being chosen for Google Earth.

3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How are photos for Google Earth chosen?

Just quality matters @Timberwolf. Try to upload high quality and Exclusive Photos to be featured on Google Maps and Earth.

Learn more about Google Maps Image Acceptance and Privacy Policies.

Level 7

I have upload hundreds of them, all shot with Nikon DSLR and uploaded in high resolution, only a few were chosen, and definitely the best were not picked.

I am trying to find the logic they use, so I can give them what they are looking for.
Likewise many great shots also have no location, other than in the image GPS coordinates, I see some people are able to post them without posting or adding a location as well.

In the Old Photo Layer, they were tight qualification rules I have over 1500 Photos on Google Earth alone.
In the new one I saw one posted of a guys house, not even a business, just an ordinary looking house, you cannot even post that it probably should be reviewed, as its on Google Earth.

Level 9

@Timberwolf I'm also curious about the selection criteria. It's certainly not limited to quality. Geotagging a bit suspect as well. Do views from GE visits count toward views in LG view count?